Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Aunt Janes Visit

Aunt Jane was here from Arizona last week to attend her high school reunion. She has always been a "special" aunt to me. I thought I would share a few of my memories with you.......
*Aunt Jane taught me how to drive in her little yellow Renault. In those days small cars were an oddity. * She pierced my ears when I was in high school. She used 2 ice cubes and a needle. * I loved her clothes....she let me borrow her clothes sometimes...I felt so "Cool" in them. I wore her clothes in my Senior pictures. * She is very talented. I remember her learning to tole paint. She has done alot of different crafts throughout the years. *Jane is very generous and compassionate and is a good Christian woman. I remember going to church with her as a girl.Here she is with Grandma Cameron and Aunt Ellouise.....my other "Special Aunt" See you next time Aunt Jane!!!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the pictures and stories:) I would never even have known Aunt Jane!

Kristie said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of Aunt Jane. I know I have heard lots of stories about Aunt Jane from my mom too!! I enjoyed seeing the pictures!!

Debi said...

When I think of Aunt Janie I think of all the times I spent the night with her after she was married. Uncle Jerry used to work nights and she liked the company. We had so much fun together. For some reason I remember making sugar toast late at night for a snack. To this day I still like to make toast and have a glass of milk at bedtime. Other memories with Janie....riding bikes to Park-n-Shop when my foot was sliced open, walking to the store together, letting her bleach my hair (it turned orange!), going to church with her. She was an influencial part of my life as I grew up!

Debi said...

I just went back and enlarged the pictures. That is a great picture of Aunt Ellouise on the couch with all three of the girls. Not so good of mom, though.

Shelly's Space said...

I didn'T REALIZE Mom's eyes were partially closed! You would never realize Jane is in her 60's would you.....she looks so young!!!

Jenny Jensen said...

I miss great aunt janie so much!! Did she happen to clip Treestar's wings will she was there. Treestar really needs to be let out. I miss my bird too. Maybe you should have brought me my bird when you came up. I didn't know that Janie pierced your ears...ew.

Shelly's Space said...

No, we didn't think of doing Treestars wings....sorry.......
Treestar is doing good...I've been moving him around the house to be socialized, so he's good!!