Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Whistle While You Work......

For the past month I have been planning to surprise Joshua by re-doing his room while he's away at scout camp. I thought you might like to see the transformation.
He left this morning at 4AM for southern Oregon. I began right away with getting things cleaned up and moved out. I talked to him yesterday and asked if I could clean up his room while he's gone. He was all for it. He had mentioned to me a few months ago that he thought the walls in his room were too girly. I had painted it when Jenny turned 12 and was away at her first year of girls camp. Now that Joshua is a teenager himself, I wanted to give him a room more boyish.
While he thinks I'm just cleaning, We'll be painting it and putting a border around it. I got a new bedspread and a valance for the window. No drawings on the wall, but it will be a BIG surprise. Richard clicked a pic of me while I was cleaning (He's into the blogging spirit). The last picture I clicked very late tonight, after I got everything stuffed into the closet and hallway. We'll leave the bed in the middle while we work. STAY TUNED.........

8 comments:

Debi said...

I can't wait to see what it will look like!!! What color are you going to paint it? You are such a good decorator!! So Richard likes the blogs, huh? Mike actually made himself a blog way back when...but then he never did use it and after many months, he tried to use it to make a comment on someone elses blog and it wouldn't work. Probably they tried to convert him to the "new" blogger and because he didn't do it, they cancelled it. Anyway, he posted a picture of a dinosaur on his blog...he's so silly.

Shelly's Space said...

I'm not sure Richard ever gets on the blogs, but he knows I'm always taking pictures....everything is "Wait....I need a picture for my blog!".....hence, he figures he can help with the pictures (I guess so I can get in them).
I've got to go buy the paint this morning, but I'm leaning on a tan color. The border has a tan background with cars on it and a black border. The bedspread is black and gray. I have NO idea how it will turn out, but it will really look different....and more teenagerish.

Jenny Jensen said...

byebye to my old bedroom!! Yay for josh to get a new room! Does jon ever want to change the yellow paint that i painted in the other room?

Kristie said...

What a fun surprise!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out too!! It will be a big change I am sure! Keep the updates coming!

Amanda said...

This is exciting!!!! I am in suspense:)

Shelly's Space said...

Jenny- No, Jon hasn't cared about the yellow paint in your other "old" room. Of course it is so cute with all his baseball poster and pics. that it's liveable. He does need a new bed however. The little twin bed I had as a girl is just too small for him. We are planning on getting a full size bed for that room so he will have more room AND you and Logan will have a place to sleep when you come visit.
PS It is taking me ALL DAY to spackle the thousands of holes in the walls.

Debi said...

I like the wallpaper border. Are there more cars than just the blue one and the black one? I do think tan would be a good color (very close to my favorite color....white!) I just can't think of Joshua as a teenager....Remember way back when Melissa turned 13 and I told you that Joshua would be coming up on 13 SO FAST? Well, it happened!

Shelly's Space said...

Actually, the cars are black and white, though in the picture it does look a little bluish. The white car has red interior, and I got Josh red sheets (On clearance at TJ MAXX). The bedspread I told you about is a comforter, with a pillow sham AND bedskirt....only $17. at Ross.