Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cozy Snowy Day

As Jon drove off to seminary at 5:45 this morning, there were very light drops coming down. I went back to bed and 40 minutes later the street was covered. I called Jon to make sure he got to school okay and told him to be careful. Josh got up and dressed and was ready to walk out the door when I called Jon again to tell him to take the bus home if they cancelled school. He said they had just cancelled it and the busses turned around. The only kids at school were the ones who arrived early. Josh went down to his bus stop to tell the kids there. Jon was able to make it home....slowly in the truck.
These pictures were taken 2 hours after it started. It has now been snowing steadily for over 4 hours. Josh played all morning and is now in thawing out. Jon, Josh and I are going to go out in a bit and build a snowman. The weatherman has been saying it's only going to last another 45 minutes.....he started saying it 3 hours ago. It's still coming down hard as of this posting. Jon measured 2 1/2 inches a while ago. Maybe today's the day I cozy up and read....or not!!

6 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

try living in that times five everyday for months. its seems cozy and beautiful and what not, but how would you feel if they had not canceled school and you had to be out in it regardless...muah ha ha, i'm so cynical, but it's ok, you still love me. have fun.

Shelly's Space said...

Boo Hoo! My little girl is gone who would play outside in the snow for hours...YES, you are cynical, but I do still love you!!

Kristie said...

oh! It looks so beautiful!! My boys have been wishing for snow here. No luck though. It was like 76 here yesterday. It is supposed to get cold tonight, so we will see. There is no snow in our forecast though. :( Enjoy all that beautiful snow!!

Debi said...

Okay Jenny....I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum (but yet very cynical....) We have like 2 1/2 centimeters of ice crystals mixed with snow (and they weren't even slippery!) and they cancelled school 20 minutes before it was supposed to start this morning!!! Give me a break!

Debi said...

Oops, sorry sister dear....this IS YOUR blog, isn't it? I meant to say, BEAUTIFUL SNOW!!! I'M SO JEALOUS!!! YOUR HOUSE LOOKS SO VERY PRETTY!!! THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP NEW PICTURES. I LOVE IT. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! NOW WHEN I LOOK AT YOUR BLOG TWICE A DAY IT WILL HAVE PRETTY SNOW PICTURES ON THERE.....

Amanda said...

I am glad to see pictures of your house:) All that snow is beautiful!!