Monday, April 27, 2009

Elder Egan Part 2

We got into Salt Lake at 9:30 this morning:) It really hit me that Jon is now an Elder and he has begun his mission when, at the airport in Portland a man in line at the gate called "Elder....where are you going?"Here we are as we walk to the shuttle to pick up our rental car. I couldn't resist this picture.
Jon wanted to walk up to the Christus statue at the Salt Lake visitors center. We have taken pictures in front of it with our family every time we come to Salt Lake. Jon (oops...Elder Egan) gave me 5 pictures of him and this was # 4. He's so funny about pictures!!!
Everywhere we went on Temple Square, Jon was asked if he was headed to the MTC. It's such a small world....we met a Sister missionary that just served for 3 months in Vancouver in our Stake. She was from someplace like Russia (we can't remember where). She offered to take our picture together.
We had also asked if Sister Carnahan from our ward who is serving on Temple Square was there today. We were in the right place at the right time, as Sister Carnahan and her companion (from Brazil) came running down the sidewalk. She is on the right in blue.

4 comments:

Debi said...

Thanks for posting the pictures!!! I didn't realize you would be home last night. I will call you tonight to get the word first hand. :) (so, stay home!)

Shelly's Space said...

I'm not home....Jon doesn't go into the MTC until Wednesday. I blogged from Jenny and Logans:)

Kristie said...

It looks like a beautiful day to be out on Temple Square!!! I love all the pictures.

Rene said...

I love all of the pictures! It looks like you're having a great trip. Thanks for having us over on Sunday. We had a great time and the food was delicious!