Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Two Freshmen

I never thought about the boys both being Freshman at the same time!! Josh starts High School and Jon is off to college in the morning. Jenny and Jon were Freshmen at the same time too!!Jon's day was spent visitng friends and getting ready. We picked up the rental car at 9:00pm and it was loaded in no time. Jon reminded me how when Jenny went the car was weighted down and took hours to load. It took all of about 10 minutes to put Jon's stuff in the car (even with all that food)
Josh got to shave for the first time tonight. He's had a bit of a mustache for some time and we thought going to high school was the perfect time.
We decided that Jon would take the hair clippers and either do it himself or get a girl to do it for him. He thought he would try his hand at it tonight too!! I did his neck but he did the rest. Pretty good for his first time:)
Of course for our hymn tonight we let him pick (we always sing a hymn before our family scripture reading)...He picked a tear jerker...."God Be With You Til We Meet Again"....I couldn't sing it til like the 3rd verse.....he did it on purpose cause he knew I would cry:)
Josh got to get his band uniform tonight....so you see, I'm not really missing anything, I'm gaining another 4 years with another special child....isn't he cute????

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This was a tear jerker as I think about my boys growing up!

Debi said...

Thanks for walking us through your day yesterday! I just love this blog. It seems like we are right there with you! You have two handsome freshmen. :) Hang in there.

Jenny Jensen said...

MOMMY!! we are getting old!