Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The College GUY

Thought I would give an update of the college guy...Classes started on Monday and he's been keeping his nose to the grindstone with homework. Richard got him all settled into his dorm last Thursday.He's on the 3rd floor so there are alot of stairs to climb.
He seems to have alot of room...he could have had more food if I had sent it.
His clothes fit perfectly in the closet and there are 6 drawers....he's using most of them for food.
He's been getting alot of use out of the microwave. He's been eating soup and those little mac and cheese bowls we got him. He says it's easier to eat in the dorm at night when he's studying.
This is his desk area and the sink. His desk has 2 shelves above it.

This is Jon with Josh (his roomate) and his parents. They've gone to school since grade school together. Jon tells me they've been keeping the room pretty clean.
Richard took Jon out to dinner to a steak house and they ate so much that Jon crashed on the bed too full to do anything. (I'm mainly showing this picture because it shows his bed)
I've talked to Jon almost every day. He seems to like all his classes. He said there is ALOT of reading. He's attended some of the activities and went to his new ward. He met with the Bishop to get to know him. So, I think he'll survive without me....

6 comments:

Jenny Jensen said...

I still can't believe he's in college. HE IS SO HANDSOME!!!! Watch out rexburg!! I got to talk to my jon-jon a lot tonight. I have lots of advice for him. His dorm room looks nice. I'm glad josh is his roomie, they are both good kids, and will keep out of trouble. Thanks for posting the pictures mommy!

Debi said...

I love the pictures, too! The dorm looks nice. I was imagining his having a bunk-bed / desk thing like Melissa had. I see I was wrong. The room looks nice and clean...wonder what it will look like the day before he comes home for Christmas? (he, he) Does the microwave come with the room or did you have to send one with him? All that stair climbing will prepare him for all the walking he will do on the upcoming mission. :)

Kristie said...

I liked all the pictures too!! It looks like he is getting all settled in there! Thanks for the update. :)

Shelly's Space said...

The micro-fridge came in the dorm. I think it looks SO SPARCE!! I wanted to send him some mormon ads to put up on the walls, but he said he was fine. Josh put stuff up on his walls right away. I wonder what that looks like????

Rene said...

I've been waiting to hear how Jon is doing... thanks for the update! Looks like fun!

Michelle said...

It looks like Jon is all settled in. And it was a bonus to see Stacya in one of the pictures! :)