Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's About Time......

I am feeling a little left out since everyone has new blogs....so I decided I better get busy blogging. Sorry I have no insightful words or symbollic messages. Just a few pictures and maybe a word or two about the college guy:)First I wanted you all to see how well my roses and flowers in the front yard are doing since we cut the tree down. This is the first year that my roses have done so well all summer long. When we had the tree they had alot of shade and while they grew, this year they are thriving! I wanted you to see them before the frost starts setting in.
The hanging baskets I got for mothers day are huge!! Usually they are just about dead by now but with the sun....they are keeping me happy:)
These roses had not had very many blossoms in years...aren't they beautiful????
Now onto the high schooler. Josh is the total opposite of the college guy (my new nickname for Jon). Josh has a fearless personality when it comes to being himself....he's very spirited here at the only football game they won't be in uniform....he's sporting a hand me down shirt and hat from the "older" ones.
This was taken last week at the bands first performance of the season at the football game. He is 2nd from the right (very front...mellophones)
Looks like he enjoyed the evening.
Now a few words about the college guy. He seems to be liking school. He's working hard and having some fun too. I will be going to see him for mothers week the 2nd week of October. I can't wait....but until then I will be busy with marching band competitions.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Your flowers are beautiful!!! It looks like a beautiful garden there in your yard. Josh looks all set for the game. I do miss marching! It sounds as if Jon is off to a good start at school.

Michelle said...

Yay, a new post. I'm always checking you know! Your flowers are very pretty and it's fun to read about your youngest!

Rene said...

Beautiful flowers! I love them! Josh looks like he's having fun... love the school spirit! I'm glad Jon is having a good time at school.

Debi said...

You aren't allowed to post any more pictures of all the beautiful stuff in Washington....it makes me jealous! :) The flowers are TO DIE FOR!!! Love the picture of Josh and the green/yellow face!! Here in Texas, the kids paint their whole chest and go without a shirt, too! :) I'm glad Jon is doing well at school. Tell him Aunt Debi says not to have TOO much fun.... :)