Tuesday, July 08, 2008

New York Adventure

I'm not able to post pictures from Jons computer, so I will just write about our trip.
Today we had a fairly good flight to Newark NJ.......a bit bumpy on the way down, but we all survived. Josh made the comment he had never appreciated the ground as much as he did then.
We got settled into our hotel and then found a way different than the one I had planned to get into NYC. It was an easy one bus trip to the NY Port Authority. It put us right at Times Square. Josh was awed by all the lights and people....and well.....everything. We walked to The Empire State Building, where we were put at the front of all the lines due to the fact that Richard was using his cane to walk. It was a good thing too, because all the walking today wore him out!!! So that was great. We had to rush to make it back to catch our bus back to New Jersey. We got there with 5 minutes to spare. We waited in line...or at least what we thought was the line. We saw our bus pull up and we waited for the line to start moving. All of a sudden our bus was pulling out. I ran outside (we were waiting in a terminal) and tried to flag him down, but to no avail!! We were less than 10 feet from our bus and we MISSED it!! We found out that there were several busses leaving from that door and none of the people were waiting for ours. We chalked it up to something to remember and waited for the very last bus which came at shortly before midnight. We had Jamba juice while we waited. The city is booming at midnight. Josh tells me there are 8 million people here. Everywhere we turned people were speaking a foreign language. We met alot of people along the way that were clueless and lost like we were.......but we dit it!! Our first day and we survived:) Hooray!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh Shelly, I didn't realize you have already begun your adventure! I loved NY and reading what you wrote brought it all back. Mark and I could've sat up all night watching people. It was amazing how many were out and about in the middle of the night! I can't wait to read more of your updates!

Debi said...

Richard walking with a cane??? I didn't know that. I laughed when I saw the part about your missing the bus...(hee, hee, hee) That would have been frustrating but sounds like you made the best of it. I think it was good for you to stay up that late to get the REAL feel of the place! I'm glad you are still alive!! :) Keep posting...