Friday, July 11, 2008

The Commercialization of America....but very yummy!!!

On Thursday we had some time before our bus back to the hotel. As we walked around 42nd Street and Times Square there were SO MANY stores!! We went into a Hersheys shop....everything made by Hershey was represented......Reeses, Kisses....Good N Plenty...Mr. Goodbar....syrup, etc....We drooled at the smell of it. Then we walked across the street and there was a 3 story M&M's store. It was incredible!!
There was thousands upon thousands of merchandise....all M&M's related. Games, towels, dishes, christmas ornaments...umbrellas, clothes, frisbees, luggage...air mattresses and on and on. Just as we thought we had come to the end of it there was another escalator up. The second and third floors had these dispensers with every color of M&M's imaginable in plain AND peanut. AND....can you guess how much they cost?????
$10.99 A POUND!!!! No thanks, I'll just eat the regular colors. They aren't that good!! Josh wanted to buy a little something, but the line was wrapped around the store and we WERE NOT waiting in yet another line!!
Oh yes.......and there was tons and tons of jewlery of every kind. Enlarge this one to see it:)
We walked by an Applebees and since we had not eaten anything since breakfast, we ate here. Have you ever seen an Applebees that looks like this?? It's all squished in between these other things. The inside was just like at home, except instead of sports memoriabila, it was all decorated with stuff from Broadway plays. They were very quick and the food was delicious!!
As a side note....I have to say that so far this has been the first vacation I have ever been on where I am loosing weight!! There is so much to do that there's no time for food....and we've walked a hundred miles!! Do you think I can come home skinny???? I can only hope:)

5 comments:

Jenny Jensen said...

I've eaten at that applebees!!! I want to go back to NYC!! I wonder if my favorite store is still there? probably not, but maybe. It's called Strawberry. Its off the beaten path so you probably wouldn't have seen it. I liked the hershey's store too :) You guys should have gone to a broadway show! Aw, I love broadway.

It was fun talking to you while you were in Pennsylvania (Latin for "the woods of Penn") I was going to live there until I met Logan! I'll have to go there someday. Have fun in Palmyra/rochester etc.!!! I'm glad I was able to help you guys NOT get lost! ;)

Debi said...

Very informative post, sister dear! I love all the pictures, especially the Statue of Liberty and the M & M store! Keep up the good work! :)

Shelly's Space said...

We didn't see the store, but alot of people had bags from there.
Thanks for your help....I'll have to blog pictures of Pennsylvania. It's beautiful!!

Amanda said...

LOVE all these pictures:) It's so weird that NY really does look like the movies show it!

Michelle said...

Guess what? We ate at that Applebee's also! I wish we would've known about all the cool stores - I would've loved the M&M one for sure! It was hard being on an organized tour because we only had so much free time.
I'm glad you're having such a good time!