Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Busses, Trains, Subways and Yankee Stadium

This may be a strange title for todays post....but it's like it is!! (Pay no attention to the dates on the pictures. My camera broke and I had to keep resetting it....but I finally gave up on that.) Here we are last night at the top of the Empire State Building.I snapped this one of the Empire State Bldg. today while on a double decker bus tour...note the skies are a little clouded over....more on that later.

Here we are at Yankee Stadium today. Long story made short.....it took over 3 hours on 2 busses, 1 train, and a subway just to get here....only because we didn't know what we were doing:) By the way, the Yankees won the game with an extra inning 2-1. This is the old stadium (where we were)...looking at the new stadium in the background, which will open next season. This is the final season for the old Yankee Stadium.

I had to take this of all the people. I felt like we were in China with so many people!!! It's quite an experience!! I took this from the top of the double decker bus we have a 2 day pass for.Here are my boys on our first night in Times Square. In the background is where they drop the ball on New Years Eve.
Now...a few more things. While on the double decker bus tour tonight, just as we crossed the Manhattan bridge into Brooklyn, it began to rain....CATS AND DOGS!!! AND....we were on TOP. It was so comical at first we were all laughing. Some of us had rain ponchos that they gave us (but they ran out...so the boys didn't get one). Richard finally told them he was going to the bottom deck, but by then he was soaked. Everyone went down when they pulled over, except Josh. He was having a blast. We were soaked for the rest of the night.(The rain was so bad my poncho didn't help me much). What would an adventure be without these fun little things happening? When we got back into Manhatten from Brooklyn it hadn't rained there at all!!! We had to walk around like a bunch of drowned rats! All in all, we have been taken care of very well by the New Yorkers. People here are very friendly and all you have to do is ask and they will help....

4 comments:

Jenny Jensen said...

AW!! I miss NY SO MUCH!!! I love it there! And I love the pictures! I hope you guys are having fun...it looks like it! lol, I lost my favorite CTR ring at that Yankee Stadium. Did you find it? lol...jk.

Kristie said...

It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun on your trip!!! I can't wait to hear more about it. :)

Debi said...

Sounds very exciting so far....I'm glad there was no lightning or flooding involved with your recent downpour/bus experience!! :) The top of the empire state building picture was fantastic! :) Keep on blogging.... :)

Shelly's Space said...

That is so funny Jenny....I actually did tell Dad about that and he said we should go ask if they found it.....hee hee!!