Friday, June 13, 2008

Endings and Beginnings Part 3

Here is the graduate before the ceremony. Graduation is held in our school district stadium. It was a beautiful night for it. I made sure to get a picture of Jon, Josh and Jenny together.
Here is how it was set up. My most tearful moment was when the graduates lined up on the other side of the stadium. They walked around both sides of the track in single file to "pomp and Circumstance" then filed up into their seats in the stadium. Being in the top 10% of his class he got his diploma at the beginning, but I enjoyed watching it all since I know alot of the kids. There was a video and fireworks at the end. Here he is with Dad after it was over. Then I headed on the bus with the kids where we went over to Beaverton Oregon for the all night grad party. I was a chaperone. There were about 180 kids that attended. I have never seen a greater group of kids...(except maybe band kids) It was in a place that had lazar tag, arcades, food and fun. They had sumo wrestling suits the kids could wrestle in. I helped serve food and manned different stations. There were card games and lots and lots of prizes in drawings. Jon won a $25. gift card to Old Navy but traded with a friend who won an I Tunes card...(his friend didn't have an i-pod and since Jon just got one he was happy to trade). The funniest part was the last hour when a hypnotist tried to hypnotize like 12 kids. It didn't work on some, others faked it and then there were those who really went under. We were laughing so hard my eye makeup was running down my cheeks. He had them dancing, playing the guitar, driving, etc...(you had to be there). We got home about 5:30 this morning. A very fun night!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is really neat that you guys get to have it outside and wear jackets to boot! The fireworks must be a nice touch:) Congrats Jon!!! Being in the top 105 is awesome:)

Debi said...

It is hard to imagine anyone wearing jackets when our temperatures have been so hot. You guys are so lucky to have such perfect weather that you can sit outside for graduation. I'm glad you survived the all-night party, Shelly. I know you must have enjoyed it, especially since your child was THERE. I think a school sponsored graduation party is a great idea. They don't do anything like that in our school district. So far I haven't seen any pictures with Logan in them....he IS there, isn't he?

Michelle said...

Congrats to your son! I'm glad Jenny and Logan were able to come. What a fun time for you!