Monday, May 26, 2008

HUSBAND TAG!!

I'm slow at the game of tag.....my life is just hectic these days.......but here goes:)

NAME: Richard..sometimes honey, dear, sweetheart...whatever is most endearing at any given moment:)

How long been married: 25 years in July

How long did you date: 9 months before we got married

How old: Really old (sorry dear)

Who eats more sweets: Probably me, but he can give me a run for my money:)

Who said I love you first: I think I did??

Who is taller: He is, but he's shrinking because he's so old ...gotta have a little fun here:)

Who can sing better: His beautiful singing voice is one quality about him I've always loved....we like to sing together:)

Who is smarter: He is.....my brain cannot retain anything for very long. He on the other hand retains most all of what he reads and is one of the most knowlegable people I know of the scriptures and the gospel:)

Who does the laundry: We both do....especially since he is home more now that he is semi retired:)

Who mows the lawn: Mostly him and the boys....Josh especially loves doing yard work

Who cooks: This is one I must say I do. He can make a great breakfast and a few other things, but he was very spoiled growing up with a mother and 5 older sisters catering to his every need...therefore he doesn't cook:) Oh, I take that back....he can BBQ hamburgers too:)

Who drives: We both do. He usually does, depends on what vehicle we're driving. I too am a backseat driver (I want control), but he has always called me his co-pilot and is usually very pleasant about my driving critiques. If I push him though, he will ask if I want him to pull over so I can drive:)

Who's more stubborn: We are blissfully happy and will both give in for the sake of our marriage:) Hee Hee!!

Who kissed who first: I waited what seemed like forever and one night I stuck my face in front of his waiting. I think we both kissed at the same time...with my help:)

Who asked who out first: He did....though I was young and starry eyed. I told him "I'd go anywhere with you"

Who proposed: I was very suprised when he proposed to me. It was very sweet:)

Who has more siblings: He does by 1....5 sisters & 1 brother

Who wears the pants: We both do and sometimes I can even wear his (literally)
Jenny...in a nice way this actually means which one of us is in charge of the family....

6 comments:

Jenny Jensen said...

Wow how crazy is that...25 years!!! I guess I am 22...but its just weird to think about! Its fun hearing little snippits of you and daddy dating. I've never really heard many stories about that. I love you daddy!!! And mommy, i think you are more stubborn than daddy most of the time...because we are the same like that! ;)

Debi said...

I loved hearing about Richard! He is the best brother-in-law anyone could ever have. Shelly, over the summer you should blog some "stories" of things that have happend in the past, since Jenny says she hasn't heard many stories about you and Richard.

Shelly's Space said...

You are right about being stubborn Jenny....they key is that we always work it out. I tend to get over things much faster than your Dad...he mulls things over for a day or two, while I get things out in the open then I'm through. We both always come to the conclusion that NOTHING is worth ruining our marriage over:)
Sis....that's a good idea....IF I have any time over the summer:)

Debi said...

Well, what are you doing over the summer? I know you are going on vacation.... what else?

Shelly's Space said...

I will have some time in August, but it goes by much too fast and there is always alot of catching up to do. I'm going to girls camp a week after we get back from our trip and we have youth conference one weekend. There's graduation, getting Jon ready for college, Josh ready for high school, etc...
ON and On........

Kristie said...

It was very fun learning more about you and Uncle Richard!!! When will you be coming up this way? We will be going on vacation during July, but would love to see you guys!!!!