Friday, February 08, 2008

TWO POSTS in one Day.....WOW!!!

It's amazing that I am so energetic to post 2 blogs in one day!
These are Jon's souvenirs from today. We left at 7:30 this morning and drove to Seattle for Jon to have an audition for a music talent award from BYU Idaho. He could have sent in a tape, but we found out about it less than a week before the deadline. Doing a live audition gave us some more time. Jon was a good sport, giving up a great cross country ski trip with his quorum, to spend the day with me. He was quite nervous, but I think he did a great job. Besides he got out of school for the day...... We went to see Grandpa Nash before the audition, then drove to the Institute building at the University of Washington for the audition at 3:00. I had talked to Brother Meechum on the phone and he was the one doing the audition. Weather or not Jon gets anything, he will still be in one of the bands and he didn't have anything to loose by trying. Great job Jon!!
The most harrowing part of the day was the traffic!! Besides being a Friday....all of the presidential candidates were in town just miles from where we were and all 3 of the mountain passes were completely closed going east because of the avalanches in the mountains.... which created traffic being diverted to I-5 (which was our only way home) AND it was pouring down rain the entire day. Traffic was literally bumper to bumper for 60 miles and it took us 3 hours to drive those 60 miles. All I could see out of my window was a blur of taillights because my window would not clear up. I need new windshield wipers. I stayed in the same lane for 3 hours, too scared to try and change lanes. Once we got through the worst of it it was pitch black and people were whizzing past me at 70MPH, when I could barely see the road. The trucks were splashing water so bad I couldn't see anything. It would have been a white knuckle ride for you Seester...you would have died!! By the time we got home, the usual 3 hour drive had turned into 6 hour drive..... I SURVIVED!!!!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow!!! I am glad that you made it home safe and sound!! That sounds CRAZY!!!!!

Debi said...

Good Luck to JON!! I hope he gets some talent award $$!! Your trip sounds very harrowing! Glad it was you and not me! Let us know when you hear something.