Thursday, October 04, 2007

Okay, Okay Okay......

So WHY have I not been blogging? Well, I have been spending most of my time SCRAPBOOKING instead. Since Jon is a Senior this year, and his scrapbooks have not been done for several years, for the boys for Christmas I'm catching up. Jon knows it's for Christmas, but because it's so all time consuming, I have to do it in the open. Josh doesn't know I'm going to do his, so he will think I'm doing Jon's when I do his. So far I've done from 1999-2003 and filled up 3 notebooks. Jenny has 6 or 7 scrapbooks and hers are pretty up to date, except her senior year. She has most of the stuff to do that. The bottom scrapbook is actually one of the ones I did last time I worked on them. It was ALOT of work. Now I am mostly using black cardstock....I'm NOT using any fancy scissors....I'm ONLY cutting the pics in squares with my paper cutter and I'm being simple so that I can get it done!!! They will still be nice, just not as pretty. Hey, boys won't care!!
I work on 1 year at a time. The table is a great workplace. I have stickers, scraps, cardstock, paper cutter and all the other supplies I need.
I have piles on the floor next to the table of each month...in each pile I put pictures, award certificates, church talks and any and all things I have saved for them to look back and remember their childhoods. Since I can't remember most of MY childhood, my kids will remember theirs!!As a note..... after I get all caught up I'm going to do one with all Jon's scout stuff and another one for band. Those will be for graduation.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm SO EXCITED that you made a new blog!!! The scrapbooking is a worthy cause sister dear....I'm glad you are getting them done at long last because I know that is something you have wanted to do. I'm sorry I didn't comment on your furniture....it is SO, SO, SOOOOOOO nice!!! I love the way you have it arranged. I am sure it is a special blessing to you because you have been such a wonderful sister to me and friend to so many others!

Kristie said...

OOPS!! That was DEBI up there on that comment....not Kristie. I had been over here doing my blog and I guess Kristie changed it over to hers....

Jenny Jensen said...

WOOHOO A NEW BLOG!!!! Thanks mommy!!! And you said you weren't going to blog pictures!! I am glad you did!!! I can't wait til i get to keep all of my scrapbooks because i love them!!! Good luck mommy.

Melissa said...

WOW!!! You are sure one great woman!! I don't know HOW you have the patience to do all that scrapbooking stuff (I think I must have inherited Momma's patience for that stuff...), and I am SO impressed that you can have the stamina to do all that stuff! I love you, and am so glad that you posted! Thanks for such a fun vacation up there with you guys! :)

Amanda said...

That is awesome! And I agree it takes a TON of Patience! I scrapbooked P's 1st year and that was it!