Friday, October 26, 2007

FUN AT GRANDPA'S

We had a fun night at Grandpa Drew's raking leaves with David on Monday night. Josh was very excited to jump in the leaves then cover himself up and jump out. He may be going into high school next year, but he will always be my baby....he finds such joy in the little things!! Grandma is in Vietnam visiting her family. David had a great idea to collect the leaves. He is putting them on top of his garden for mulch, so we raked them onto a big tarp pulled it over and dumped them off. Very clever AND easy!!!
We are in full FALL weather here. This morning as I was driving down the road it looked like it was raining leaves. I wish I had had my camera....it was beautiful!! Today is quite windy and you really notice it when there are thousands of leaves falling and blowing around. Tomorrow we host our big band competition here at our high school so I will be tied up all day with that. Josh has a campout (brrrr....) and then will be working on an Eagle project at the campsite. Have a good weekend everyone!!!

6 comments:

Jenny Jensen said...

that's a good picture of josh mid-flight! Thats also a lot of leaves! I miss everyone. Thanks for the post. you will have to post about the band gig too!

Kristie said...

Great leaf jumping pictures!! Have fun at your competition tomorrow!!

Debi said...

WOW!! Joshua, great leap there!! Did Josh help rake the leaves, too, or was he just the jumper??? Looks like great fun. Don't work too hard at the band thing. I'll be thinking about you while I go to the baby shower for my former YW advisor at noon time.

Shelly's Space said...

Josh was a GREAT leaf raker....he was just taking a fun time jumping break.
We are not competing tomorrow, but will do an exhibition performance after pre-lims and finals. I start working at 6AM (crazy me...helping with set up). Richard is going to the dry pak cannery to get us some more food storage and he and Josh will join me later in the day. I'm also working at the booster table from 3PM-7PM.

Debi said...

Don't forget to blog about your fun day!

Amanda said...

Great jumping picture! I don't mind raking leaves.....It just doesn't seem like fall unless you have to rake some!