Monday, October 15, 2007

Marching Band Season is Upon Us!!!

When I'm not scrapbooking (which by the way I've done 5 books so far), we've had homecoming, football games, and band competitions! I got back Sunday from chaperoning a 3 day trip to Spokane (pronounced spo-can) Washington. It was a very fun trip. We were on the go the entire time, and the 8 hour bus trip was not very comfy, but it was FUN!!About 200 of us slept on the gym floor of a middle school. The kids were very good. We put the boys on one end the chaperones in the middle and the girls on the other end. It was wall to wall sleeping bags. I'll blog a picture later. We ate like kings...the people in charge of our food are amazing. Breakfast burritos, chicken fahitas, brownies and ice cream, turkey sandwiches.....it was all very yummy. I loved helping prepare and serve the food. The kids were very appreciative. The weather was BEAUTIFUL!! It got cold at night so we had to bundle up then, but it was perfect marching weather.

Oh....and we WON!! We came in first in our division and won the Grand championship.
Our competition this weekend will be more challenging....there are one or two bands that will give us a run for our money, so I'll let you know. But we are having fun!If you enlarge the picture of the band, Jon is on the top left.

4 comments:

Debi said...

Your trip sounds like it was so much fun! I can't wait to see the picture of everyone sleeping in the gymn!! I made the picture big and could see Jon right away!

Kristie said...

I LOVED marching season when I was in high school! I am glad that you had a good time and that your band won!! I can't wait to see the sleeping on the floor picture either. What does Jon play? I can't seem to remember!! :)

Shelly's Space said...

Kristie....He plays the mellophone in marching band and french horn in wind symphony.

Amanda said...

WOW---CONGRATS to Jon! That sounds like a long bus ride!!!!