Sunday, October 28, 2007

Musical Saturday.....

I had a busy and FUN day as our school hosted the Makenzie Classic Band Competition. I began my day cleaning up the stadium at 6AM. There was rival football game the night before. Here I am with Richard in the evening after I finished working concessions. I was going to work the booster table, but they were short on help in concessions so I spent 4 hours there. 20 bands competed and we performed as well. The stadium was packed to capacity...more than I think they've ever had. A successful day!! Here I am with Richard dressed up in my green and gold and band shirt.We ended the evening by once again picking up garbage at the stadium. It went much quicker with many more hands helping. Jon had a fun day and I think he is getting a bit sad that his band years are nearly at an end (although a bit relieved to get some rest) Next Saturday is the final competition at the University of Oregon.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You look very festive!!!!! Sounds like a exhausting but Fun day!

Jenny Jensen said...

Are any of the competitions online yet? I want to watch this years program!!! You are a good mom to do all of that.

Debi said...

I want to see a closer picture of that funky green band shirt!!

I can't believe you guys have to pick up TRASH!! Well, I picked up trash once from the bleachers, but I wasn't supposed to...or I mean I didn't have to. The district pays custodians to clean up the stadium. We just clean up in the concession area.

Jon might miss the band next year, but he will love college!!!

ProudDaddy said...

Hey, way to go. I am so impressed that you and Richard were able to compete with those 20 bands. How did you do? Did you two get a 1. What music did you guys play?

Shelly's Space said...

Ha Ha Mike!!You are funny....
The reason we clean the stadium in the morning is because there were no custodians that early so that it would be clean in time for the competition. And we clean up after it's all over so the district will see we are responsible and will continue to allow us to have the competition.
We are the ONLY marching band in our district and while we have support from them,,,,,we want to keep it that way. We could leave it for the custodians on Monday, but we want to leave it clean.