Tuesday, October 30, 2007

FHE Halloween Fun

The pictures are a little dark....sorry.
Every year we have a little Halloween party on the Monday before Halloween. The kids often invite friends, and we play games and bob for apples, but this year we had just the 3 of us since Jon was at marching band practice.
I made a great spread of witches brew (aka leftover wedding punch), taquitos, pizza bites, lil smokies, mozarella sticks, deviled eggs, chips and salsa, chex mix and candy corn....oh, and donuts (nothing healthy). We were STUFFED!!!
Josh decorated the family room, complete with spider web and black lights, skeletons and other scary stuff (hee hee)We watched spooky movies while we stuffed our faces...."Frankenstein" and "Hold That Ghost"....Jon enjoyed the food when he got home....it was a fun night!

8 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

That was me with the deleted comment!
That looks like a very fun night! With lots of YUMMY snack foods:)

Kristie said...

Looks like lots of fun!!! We also do a FHE halloween party.

Debi said...

Very fun! Mike and I are old sticks in the mud. We just sang some songs and read an article out of an old Ensign. We didn't even mention the NAME of Halloween! Mike was tired and really just wanted to go to bed early but I made him do FHE with me. Of course he cooperated like the good hubby he is...

Debi said...

Actually, on second thought, I should probably say I'M the old stick in the mud. I think Mike would have loved to have carved a pumpkin for Halloween and eaten lots of candy...... :)

Jenny Jensen said...

I MISS HOME SO MUCH!!! They don't do anything fun here like that. For FHE we read a conference talk and sang a song, then went to Denny's in Salina for dinner. I thought about home, did you guys do a haunted house this year? That was always my favorite part. What about the mummy wrapping? I miss home so much! Tell Aunt Ellouise Happy Birthday for me!!!! Are you guys having pizza tonight? We are!!!

Shelly's Space said...

We wouldn't do anything either if it was just the 2 of us.....you'll have plenty of time to have some Halloween fun when you have your own family Jenny. Some people just aren't into it (neither are we really...only for our family)...Aunt Ellouise will come over for her birthday and pass out candy. I think we're having spaghetti. We only did pizza when we didn't have time to cook.

Jenny Jensen said...

i don't ever remember having anything but pizza. we had apples with carmel to dip it in tonight along with our pizza. I don't know if we will get any trick or treaters...i hope so though.