Sunday, August 04, 2013

Anniversary Adventure Day 1

 This year we celebrated our 30 year anniversary. It is the first long trip we have taken without our kids....though we are going to visit some of them.  We took off bright and early...we got a great picture of the 3 Washington mountains.....Rainer, St. Helens and Adams from somewhere around 10,000 feet.  If you blow it up you can see them better.

We picked up our rental car in Salt Lake and headed to Pocatello Idaho. 

The Utah mountains are beautiful in their own way....

My sister would put a picture of the driver....so here he is:)
 These rocks are from a lava flow from an ancient volcano many many years ago...they dot the landscape going into Idaho.

We FINALLY reached the home of the NEWLYWEDS!!!  They are so sweet!
We got to see their apartment and visit for awhile.  Then we went and checked into our hotel, and went to dinner at Applebees.  I'm afraid I'm not an good picture taker...so you"ll have to imagine that.  We went back to the apartment and played some games and ate a DELICIOUS cherry pie that Brittany made (She LOVES to cook)
The Newlyweds are game players....like us.  Grandma Drew would be happy....we played her favorite games......Yahtzee
 
 
 
Scrabble.........
 
 
I think it was Jon who asked if this is how you spell this word.....we weren't sure but Grandma would have made several comments about how our game board was interesting.
 
 
Jon and Brittany have a variety of games...
 
We played them all!
And oh yes....after we had played games for awhile, we went to our hotel and went swimming.....it has a WONDERFUL POOL and hot tub  (I didn't take my camera but the top picture with the newlyweds was taken after we went swimming.....then we headed back and played every single game they had....last but not least




 

the latest version of one of our favorites.....Millionaire  Monolopy Deal.
It was a FUN FUN day!!!
Stay Tuned.....
 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the picture from the plane. I can make out the mountains too:) looks like a fun trip so far!

dwhitley9@juno.com said...

Yea! I hope you do a whole vacation full of blogging! That would make me so HAPPY!

By the way, I looked up your scrabble word on dictionary.com and found it is actually spelled patootie. :) Back in "the day" Grandma Drew would have made us look it up in the dictionary before we played it in the game, no matter how "interesting." :)

Shelly's Space said...

Sis....we didn't let him play the word...I thought it was the way you said....but we didn't have a dictionary...at least at that time. I remembered later that I had my I POD dictionary, though, so we used it after that. Thanks for looking it up for us....