Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Anniversary Adventure Part 4

I  had a bit of trouble sleeping last night....don't ask why.  Just happens every now and then.  I finally got to sleep around 5:30 am.....so needless to say I didn't get up too early.  Richard got up and went to the Manti Temple...I just slept.  I got up around 10am....still not enough sleep, but better than NOTHING!

The kids get up early early....and around noon Sadie said she was tired and just disappeared.  Jenny went in and found her laying in her bed, ready to go to sleep.  Isaac wouldn't have it so we all ended up playing hide and seek in her covers. They had their naps after lunch.

 
 
We walked to the park before dinner and the kids had fun playing.  Sadie really likes to climb up on the equipment.
 
 
 
It was a hot and muggy afternoon...too hot for these old Washingtonians. We were hoping for some kind of breeze to cool us down....but we prevailed....I went up and down the slide with Isaac until I felt comfortable letting him go alone.
 
 
 
Sadie flits around like a butterfly....especially on the swings. She enjoys them for like 20 seconds then gets off.  Now...the slides are a different story...she LOVES them!
 
 
Remember I told you there was no breeze?  We felt a slight wind and Grandpa and I were thrilled to feel it to help us cool off. But a certain little girl felt one tiny bit of wind and threw her hand up to her face and promptly told me she wanted to go home.  Her mommy had told me that she doesn't like the wind in the least bit....I see what she means.
 
 
 
Mommy and Daddy went to the temple so we got the kids some dinner and then went outside to play.  It seemed even hotter than before...the sun was out more.  We played chalk and trikes and bubbles.
 
 
 
We had been in the house for less than 10 minutes when I looked out and everything looked brown....the birdfeeders in the back porch were violently swing and everything was hazy...dust was kicking up and look at the flag on the pole....it is so windy it's sticking straight out!  This reminds me of some crazy Texas weather!!
 
 
The kids and I hunkered down to watch Toy Story...they snuggled with me like this for the ENTIRE movie.
 
 
It got to the part where the neighbor boy is mean to toys....and Sadie covered her eyes....I told her when she could look.  So cute!
 
 
After the movie I got some serious hairbrushing time from you know who.....
I was in heaven for the entire F-I-V-E minutes....yea for me!!
 
Stay Tuned....tomorrow is our trip to St. George....we will be there until Saturday. We are going to see Mary Poppins and Throughly Modern Millie at Tuacahn....an amazing outdoor theater set in the wonders of  the beautiful red rock  of UTAH!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What great grandparents u are:) how funny about the wind and sadie! I like seeing all that wide open land behind their yard!

Kristie said...

It looks like you guys are having quite the fun anniversary trip!! :) Happy Anniversary!!! I guess it was good that Sadie wanted to come home when the wind blew...I wouldn't have wanted to be in that wind storm!

Debi said...

I liked the pictures out in the yard, too. Did they have a garden this year? The wind thing....well, that's an Egan for you....takes after her Grandma by not liking wind and storms.

Shelly's Space said...

Yep...they have a huge one...I'll try to remember to get pics of it on our way back through...