Sunday, July 28, 2013

Meet My Mom....

I know....I know....Just please don't drop over when you see I am writing a new post!!  I have been taking pictures for months thinking I want to blog this or that... and never do it....but last week I came across these cute little cards (while purging my filing cabinets) that Jenny and Jon made me....4 years apart:)
Now, I have always thought I had room for improvement in my duties as a mom, but after reading this I see just what kind of mother my children saw. Not sure if I dare fess up, but I will lay it all out right here and now.

Jon's card is on the left..It reads:
My mom is the perfect mom in the world.  She's as pretty as a rose.  She weighs 90 pounds. She is 80 feet tall.
Jenny's card on the right:
My mom is the nicest mom in the world.  She's as pretty as a butterfly.  She weighs 131 pounds.  She is 5 feet 5 in tall.
Okay....so we're off to a great start...these kids really think alot of me!! I must be a great mom!!
Jon:  My mom looks funny when she wakes up....
Jenny:  My mom looks funny when she is mad....
Okay...so I KNOW I look funny when I wake up....AND.....to this day the kids say I have "the look" when I'm mad about something...

Jon:  I know my mom is angry when she yells at me.  Spanks me.  Grounds me from T.V.
Jenny:  I know my mom is angry when she Yells at me aad when she Spaks me.
Now you know where I'm going with this....this is what 2 of my children wrote about me, 4 years apart from each other...I totally know I can raise my voice in frustration....sometimes....and I probably spanked them.... once in a while, more like swatting their behinds...but really!!  It can only get better after these scathing words....

Jon:  I wish my mom would raise my allowance
Jenny:  I wish my mom would ticle (tickle) me
Now, this makes sense because Jon is the money guy of our family and Jenny loves to laugh....

Jon:  I wouldn't trade my mom for a thousand dollars
Jenny:  I wouldn't trade my mom for a kitten
See....there Jon goes with the money again...does that mean he would probably trade me for one thousand AND one dollars?  And ....I'm glad to know that I rate just above an animal in Jenny's eyes!

And for the Finale.....


Jon:  I Love you Mom, Love Jonathan
Jenny:  Happy Mothers Day mom, have a Sweet Day
May 9th, 1993
I love you
Love Jenny
Okay....so maybe I wasn't ALL that bad! If not for those two  little things....
 yelling and spanking....
I might not be such a bad mom after all.....
It's all just their perception anyways....hee hee

7 comments:

Debi said...

How CUTE!! :) What a great idea for a blog post! :) You are the PERFECT Mother, after all!!! :)

Amanda said...

Love those cards:)

Kristie said...

So fun!! I love those kinds of cards when my kids make them!! :)

Rene said...

Oh that was fun to read! Thanks for the laugh!

Rene said...

Oh that was fun to read! Thanks for the laugh!

Jenny Jensen said...

Ok...I totally love this!! SO FUNNY!! I think its so awesome that we did the same project so far apart. At least my measurements of you (131 pounds and 5'5" tall) were REALISTIC...Jon's were just SILLY. And just remember how much I loved kittens/cats...so its kind of a big deal that i wouldn't trade you for one. :) love you mom.

Shelly's Space said...

Thank you honey.....love you too and can't wait to see you in 4 days!!