Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Long Awaited Day Arrives!!!!

After years of waiting.......and wondering if we would have to wait yet again, Richard got a thumbs up for his back surgery. He was running a nearly 103 degree temperature up until the last minute, thanks to taking care of me for 4 days while I was sick, but there were many prayers and a Priesthood Blessing and everything went as expected:) We arrived at the hospital at 6am and they took him right back to pre-op.
Myrna, David, Marilyn and Alvaretta arrived a few hours later to wait with me. They are super teriffic sisters:) We had a nice visit and walked to the gift shop where the girls bought him some cards and candy.
The surgery went well....The damage was worse than the Dr. thought, but it was repaired just fine. It is SO AMAZING what they can do nowadays and that he could come home the very same day. We arrived home a little after 1:00pm simple as that. He is feeling great....no more leg pain. Grandma Rose made us a delicious pot roast dinner, Sister Sim made an enchalida dish for tomorrow. We had a nice visit with Aunt Adele when she came over with a book she had bought in Ireland for him to look at while recovering. Art and Marilyn came over with a strawberry milkshake and stayed to visit. There were lots of phone calls checking on him and now he can go to bed and have a good nights sleep for a change:) It was a great day!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW--I had no idea! I hope his recovery goes as well as surgery day:)

Rene said...

I'm glad he got to have his surgery! I hope his recivery goes well!

Debi said...

Richard, GET WELL SOON so you can go mow all those lawns you've been missing for the last several years! :)

Kristie said...

It sounds like everything went well. I hope that you are feeling good again soon Uncle Richard!!

Jenny Jensen said...

I have to say, I'm going to miss crazy daddy when he's on medicine ;)

I'm glad daddy got to have surgery, I don't like it when he is in pain