Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peace


As I was saying my prayers Monday night before leaving for Utah, I had such an overwhelming feeling come over me assuring me that all would be well with my little girl and her baby. The Spirit confirmed to me that having the baby now is a tender mercy in her life. It was a feeling of peace and it enveloped my entire body.
Less than an hour later we got the call that her water had broken, and I wasn't sure I would get there in time.............
Little Timothy was just that....very little. It was a sweet experience to be with Logan and Jenny as they held him and said their goodbyes.
I bought this figurine for Jenny last November....it is titled "Guardian". I contemplated whether I should give it to her now or not, since I had been saving it to give her at just the right time. It is very fitting and though she held Timothy in the palm of her hands, this represents her feelings of motherhood and how much she loved this little one. She was and is his guardian.....and he is her angel.

6 comments:

Thompson Tales said...

I am so sorry, Shelly. I read about her pregnancy on her blog, it is so hard, but she seems so strong. Your family is in our prayers.

Rene said...

Give Jenny a hug for me! I'm so sad for you guys... We've been saying lots of prayers for your family!

Debi said...

I love that statue. I love your sweet thoughts, too.

Kristie said...

That is such a sweet statue. I am glad that you get to be there to help Jenny through her difficult time.

Amanda said...

Thank you for sharing that. I am sure Jenny will treasure that statue always. I was given a statue by My mom before I had P and I was given a statue by Debi after I had L. I will always treasure them.

DaMomma said...

What a heartfelt, tender entry. I'm so glad you feel peace and received comfort knowing Jenny would be okay. What a special reminder the statue will be of all the eternal possibilities that lay ahead for all of them. xoxosusan