Sunday, November 30, 2008

22nd Annual Shopping Day.............

Boo Hoo!! I can't believe another day after Thanksgiving shopping day with Melanie is all done!! I wait all year for it and I get sad before it ever starts, knowing it will end all too soon:(
(See November 2006 post for more details)
Melanie and I had new matching sweaters again this year. The picture we took before we left the house (@3:50am) didn't look too good, so I'm not posting it. She had someone take one of us while we waited in line at GI Joes, but it's on her camera phone and she doesn't know how to send it to my computer.
We couldn't believe how CRAZY we were to get up so early this year. But, we decided to get going while the going was good, and with 2 1/2 hours sleep we rolled out of our beds and headed down the road. 12 hours later, we said our goodbyes. We have been shopping like this for 22 of the 35 years we've been friends.
It's always fun to run into so many people I don't always see throughout the year as they too are crazy like we are.
We were much more conservative this year than in years past, buying more necessities than anything else, but we had a grand time. Donuts and juice at Fred Meyer's, breakfast at Jack in the Box and lunch at Sweet Tomatoes.....the important stuff you know!
May you all have a wonderful beginning to the holidays. Around here, Josh is keeping us on our toes....he begged us to get our outside lights up before Thanksgiving and is now pushing me to get the inside done. My life would be very boring without him:)

4 comments:

Rene said...

Sounds like fun! I love Sweet Tomatoes! I miss going to lunch there. We're going to take our YW there for dinner next weekend when we head to Vancouver to see the nativities.
It was sure fun to spend time together this week! I'm glad we got to visit while we did all those dishes... It gave us lots of visiting time. I especially loved going with all the kids to the temple!

Amanda said...

WOW---I am SO the opposite of you and Debi! I Do not like shopping at all...and I don't think I would ever do the Day after Thanksgiving madness! But it sounds like a fun tradition with your good friend:)

Debi said...

You crazy shopping sister! I didn't even see the adds for the day after Thanksgiving this year....too busy with frolicking at the beach, I guess. :)

Debi said...

HI, I'M TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN READ IT. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU WANT ME TO ENLARGE THE FONT ON MY BLOG. I THINK YOU NEED TO GO TO THE EYEDOCTOR AGAIN. I AM 4 YEARS OLDER THAN YOU AND I CAN READ IT JUST FINE. MAYBE IT IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR COMPUTER??