Friday, December 05, 2008

More Excitment Than I Can Take............


Rarely do I get so wound up....but this has been a red letter week:) My heart is racing and I'm very giddy with happiness. With so many things in the world going wrong, it's good to get some good news.

FIRST: Yesterday Joshua participated in a DECA mini conference at school. All of the marketing classes took a written test and did a role play where they were judged. Jon also participated in this last year. Josh was hoping to win an award, but I knew that being a Freshman, the chances were slim. Today were the awards and he didn't go because he didn't want to miss any classes (it was during school). People were coming up to him all day congratulating him, and he wasn't sure why. WELL.....he won 1st place in the role play with a score of 99/100. He placed 2nd overall from all the classes. Now he will go on to the area conference with hopes of going to state from there. He was so excited with his ribbons and awards. It just makes me happy to know he is finding his way in high school and having experiences that will help raise his self esteem.
SECOND: We got word today that the Evergreen Marching Band has been chosen out of 1400 bands to march in the Inagural Parade in Washington DC!!!!!!!!!! We have been planning this since last year. Even though I didn't vote for the President elect, this is a most exciting (and a bit scary) event. I will be chaperoning and we will be seeing ALOT of sights. The media from all over Washington and Oregon have been calling our band director for the past month wanting exclusive rights to our story should we be selected. Papparazi here we come!!!
THIRD: Jenny is graduating from college next week and we will be bring Jon home from Rexburg.
Like I said.....a great week:)

4 comments:

Debi said...

Congratulations to JOSHUA!!!! You ARE having a really good week! I know you guys will have a great experience in Washington DC. Good for Jenny with her graduation! :) I was gone to a holiday party tonight but I got your phone message.I didn't call you back since you said you were going out, too. I'm sorry about my blog being small on your computer....

Kristie said...

Wow! What a fantastic week!!! Sounds like there are so many good things going on for you guys. Congratulations to Josh and Jenny!!

Rene said...

What an exciting week for sure! Give our Congratulations to Josh! We're excited for Jenny, too. Have fun with Jon home, it sounds like Jenny and Logan had a good time with him over Thanksgiving. Have a great trip... we'll miss you tomorrow! I wish you could make it for lunch.

Thompson Tales said...

It is awesome to hear good news out there, congratulations on everything!!!