Sunday, December 21, 2008

The "White" Before Christmas.........

I was going to tell about our harrowing ride home from Rexburg last weekend, but that was so long ago. Let's just say that it was a white knuckle drive with overturned cars and closed passes and blizzard like conditions. We are home safe and sound and we brought the weather home with us.It's basically been snowing since last week here, though Vancouver didn't get much the first time around. We did miss 2 days of school, but only because they didn't want to chance people sliding off the road. Yesterday we couldn't escape it. Yesterday it was fun snow....today it is ICE.. Here, Josh broke off a chunk and is holding it.It snowed all day....mostly a very fine snow, but it was very windy. It caused the snow to come up onto our porch, which looked very pretty.
Here it is on our porch railing...I thought it was so beautiful mixed in with the garland I have wrapped around it.
This morning church was cancelled because it was solid ice outside. Isn't this bush pretty with the ice formed on it's branches???
We have icicle lights on our house....look at the REAL icicles formed on the gutters inbetween them.
This is in our back yard. The snow drifted on the back roof and here it is hanging frozen OVER the gutter. It's in midair....really cool!!
Not much shopping is happening here. Not good for the economy....but we are enjoying the white "before" Christmas.

7 comments:

Debi said...

The snow and ice is making me jealous!! Looks like you will have a white Christmas. :)

Michelle said...

Great pictures Shelly! I love the real icicles in with the icicle lights! THis weather is CRAZY!!!

Kristie said...

How beautiful!!! It looks like you guys are having quite a bit of snow. I love all the pictures of the ice and snow. :)

Amanda said...

I bet it is beautiful:) Take a picture of the whole house for us so we can see what it looks like in all the snow if you get a chance:) I used to think I would LOVE snow all winter--but since I've had kids i have changed my mind on that one!

Have a Merry Christmas up there:)

Thompson Tales said...

Hey Shelly, those are awesome pictures that you took...are you hating or loving the snow???

Shelly's Space said...

Diana-I love the snow!! It is SO beautiful!! It does make life a bit difficult because as you know from having lived here...it basically shuts everything down, since there are few snow plows and sanding trucks....BUT I just have my handy dandy husband drive me around:) How is the snow in Colorado????

DaMomma said...

So you are the one that brought this weather? Please take it away!! :)