Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas has come and gone, New years has passed........

While I have been very flakey about posting, I have loved reading everyones blogs even though I haven't had any motivation for posting. Call me LAZY!!!

Our Christmas was very nice...it was a most beautiful white Christmas, snowing a good part of the day. We spent time with both sets of Grandparents on Christmas Day as well as our Christmas Eve tradition with Art and Marilyns family.
I was whining about not having a snowman so Jon and Josh built me one...isn't he cute????


The boys ended up in a snowball fight and dragged me into it in the process.

AND....this icicle was 40 inches long that was hanging on Art and Marilyns house.
AMAZING!!!

You may be wondering why my blog is patriotic. Just getting ready for Josh and my trip to the Presidential Inauguration as he marches in the parade with The Evergreen High School Marching Band. We leave in 11 days!!!

9 comments:

Debi said...

That is possibly the cutest snowman I've ever seen! The picture with the snow and the houses and the big trees in the background is so beautiful it should be on a postcard. Once again I ask myself, "WHY do I live in Texas????" I need to have my head examined for leaving "Washington My Home." (that is from that state song we had to learn in the 4th grade...do you remember it?)

Debi said...

Oh, I HAVE to comment about that huge icecycle!!! Mike was looking at the blog with me and he said, "Hey, look at that big sword." I told him NO, it's an icecycle! He was so amazed. Me, too! WOW!!

Debi said...

Hey, now it looks like you have a ton of people commenting but I keep wanting to ask you if the font in my blog is still small on your computer?

Shelly's Space said...

It wasn't my blog, but something on my computer that made all print smaller. I had changed the font size when I was trying to print out our stake calendar and didn't realize it would effect everything on my computer. All is well, and I can read your blog now. (you were right as usual)

PS Washington My Home is the song the band is playing in the inaugural parade....yes I remember it. Good memory Debi!!

Rene said...

That will be so fun for you guys to go to the parade! What a neat experience! I love your snowman... the ear muffs are a great! You know what melted snow means in Chehalis? FLOODING! UGH... here we go again! I'm so thankful I live on a hill!

Kristie said...

That looks like so much fun! The first think that I thought when I saw the snow was, "How Beautiful!!" Have fun at the parade. I love the snowman and that HUGE icicle!!!

Thompson Tales said...

i love your background of your blog...looks awesome...have fun in washington dc, that will be a great trip!!!

Michelle said...

That really IS the cutest snowman! What great boys you have. It was nice to see an update. I know you'll have an awesome time in WA DC!

Amanda said...

Very cute snowman indeed:) P thought the icicle in our yard was huge (like 3 inches!) that is MASSIVE...P would FREAK OUT:)