Monday, November 03, 2008

The Seasons of Life

The seasons continually pass by. Another fall is here. The air is moist and crisp and has the smell of burning logs on the fire. Time is just speeding by, but I still enjoy the seasons. That is....the seasons of life. The kids are growing and leaving home. Our house is down to 3...but life is still very full. I get tired, but I wouldn't trade my life for anything!! Every day is filled with something new.
The weekend after my trip to see "The College Guy", Jenny surprised her Dad and Josh with a visit. I knew about it, but she came earlier in the morning and surprised me too!
Our time together was short. We had Friday and most of Sunday to catch up on things. Saturday I was heavily involved with the marching band competition our school was hosting, so Jenny spent the day with friends.
On our only free Saturday of the month Josh wanted to go to get a pumpkin. I figured he was in high school now, so we could just go to the store to get it. Instead, he wanted to go to Bizi Farms, where we've gone to get pumpkins a few times before. I told him he could invite a friend, but he said he was fine just going with me.
I thought what a lucky mom I am, that my 14 year old son would want to spend time going to a pumpkin patch with me. It's not just a place to get pumpkins. He spent time climbing and crawling on the huge haystack they have there. We had fun time trying to catapult pumpkins into big barrels. Josh got one in, but it split as it hit the side. There are prizes if it goes in.
We had a great time in the corn maze, which took about 45 minutes to get through. I had never been through one before. There's always a first time for everything.....and right now, we are throughly enjoying this season of our lives.

6 comments:

Debi said...

Beautiful TREE Seester!! Is that in your back yard??? I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of Josh and the hay and the pumpkin throwing thing and the corn maze (I've never seen one before). Of course, you are getting ready to enter into the WINTER of your life in just a few days.... :) JK

Debi said...

Anyway, I love the blog...it is so philisophical.... :) good job!

Amanda said...

Great pictures of the tree:) Your season of life sounds fun to me right now....
of course anything where I am not tied down to a child who needs 4 naps a day still and will not sleep anywhere but his crib sounds fun to me:)
but I know I will miss my babes when they grow up:(

Kristie said...

I enjoyed the pictures too and hearing about your seasons of life. :) I like the new fall look of your blog!

Mom said...

I was able to access your blog from your comments on mine. You have a great family and I can tell that you enjoy being together. Aren't families wonderful! Your blog looks great. I'll have to work on mine.

RoLayne

Michelle said...

You make fall sound so good! It has been beautiful here. Well not so much today, but we've been lucky!
Things do change as kids grow up, but it's all good, right? That's cool that Jenny came to visit and your son likes to spend time with just you!