Monday, August 25, 2008

The Eagle and The Elder

Well, the big day is finally over!! We had Jon's court of honor tonight. It was a very nice evening. So many family and friends joined us. I took a few pictures, then my friend Kim took the ones of the actual ceremony. I was so busy afterward that I didn't get pictures of those who attended. The evening came to a wonderful close with Jon becoming an Elder!! Richard ordained him and gave him a wonderful blessing. It was such a special night!! Here he is with his friend Jeff Cook who gave him the Eagle Pledge. Jeff recieved his mission call and will be serving in Las Vegas Nevada Mission.
Here he is givng me my pin.
President Nord (right)has had a large role in helping mold Jon into the fine young man he is. He was the speaker tonight. He told some great stories on Jon (like when Jon lost 2 pair of glasses in the same summer. He was so glad when Jon got contacts!! Brother Hullinger (Left)worked with Jon for many years in scouting as well and is now in the Bishopric.
Brother Sears (left) has got to be one of the greatest YM Presidents ever. He works so well with the boys in the Ward....not only is he a great scout leader, but a spiritual leader as well. And Bishop Meuller (right) works well with Jon in Priests Quorum.
This is a sweet one of Josh. Kim shot this one. Jon's college roommate for the first semester is standing in the Eagles Nest reciting the Eagle pledge. His name is Josh also.I snapped this one of the table. I completely didn't get a picture of the food table OR the cake!! Oh well..... everything looked niceThis is what the stage looked like. The power point video I did was played on the upper wall on the left.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Congratulations Jon!!!! It looks like it was a very nice Court of Honor. And that is SO exciting about his mission call. There are lots of exciting things happening over there for sure.

Debi said...

I'm glad the court of honor turned out so well. There were a lot of people who helped him along the way to Eagle. Especially his dad (and mom) who encouraged him and set good examples for him. :) And Kristie...he didn't get his mission call....that was his friend standing next to him that got his mission call. Anyway, Congratulations Jon. Good Job!! :)

Kristie said...

Oops, I see that you are right!

Jenny Jensen said...

My little brother is SO HANDSOME and AMAZING (both my brothers are...I'm so lucky!!) CONGRATS JON-JON!!! You have worked so hard for this and I'm so proud of you!!! I wish so badly I could have been there!!

LOVE YOU!

Rene said...

Congratulations Jon!! Shelly, you do a great job at all of the milestones of your children!

Michelle said...

What a special night for Jon and your family! You got some good pictures. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of his leaders.