Tuesday, August 12, 2008

31st Annual July Picnic : Family FUN.....Family Talents

I came home from Girls Camp a day early so I could attend the Annual July Picnic (although it was really held in August this year.) It was a rather small crowd when compared to other years. Cousin Tom was out of the country and Grandpa Drew had a ham radio convention to attend, but those of us that were there had a nice time. The spot Richard reserved for us was just across from our usual spot and it was very convienent. It had a nice covered picnic area with a place to build a fire. The day was a bit chilly, so Richard and Jane built a fire, Grandma Rose and others roasted marshmallows. We had quite a feast. We ate chicken and hot dogs, fruit, macroni salads, rolls, chips and lots of yummy desserts. I'm afraid not too many of us had any jokes to tell, but Aunt Adele had brought some fun prizes, so we did what we could to be able to pick a prize.
Aunt Adele's family had a good turnout with Jane, Jim, Neal and Roger and their families. Grandma Rose came with Jane and Aunt Sue drove from Hillsboro to be with us. Josh brought his friend Austin to keep him company. They had fun playing on the Lewis River
Uncle David wasn't able to be there, but he made us some very cute pins. I look forward to going just to see what he will come up with next. There were alot of different colors, but they all had the traditional frog on them. This was the one I chose:)I've been wanting to blog this adorable pillow that Aunt Adele made for Jon for graduation. Click on it to make it bigger. Notice how it's specially made to reflect the things that remind Aunt Adele of Jon: playing the french horn....politics and government....baseball...school days. It is SO creative. I love the little cap and tassle!! See the baseball fabric squares? She made one for Jenny when she graduated and it is equally wonderful!!AND....look at this darling fabric that is on the back!! Little marching band people!! This is something Jon will treasure forever!! I have such a talented family!!!

2 comments:

Debi said...

I love this blog! I can't believe how professional that graduation pillow is! Aunt Adele is truly talented. Thanks for the picture of the picnic.

Jenny Jensen said...

I was just looking at my pillow yesterday!! I was upstairs organizing. Those buttons are SO CUTE...David is so creative!