Sunday, June 10, 2007

Don't rain on my Parade!! (check out blog below first)

It is so hard to choose just a few pictures to blog. If I can't you'll just have to see them all. Some info...Each float must be covered completely with flowers, whether it be the stems, the petals, the leaves. There are other things that are accepted, but I can't remember. Anyway, here are some that I snapped for your enjoyment!
If you look closer, this first one has real fire around the outside of the circle.The ringmaster would get the crowd excited and then it would light up with fire.
It seems hard to believe, but on the Lewis and Clark float, the boat, the barrels and everything is covered with parts of flowers. There were alot of other countries represented in the parade. Tiawan is Portland's Sister City, and an all girls marching band from Tiawan marched. This float was made and represents Korea. There was a Vietnmese float that I took a picture of for Grandma Rose.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

What gorgeous floats and beautiful flowers!!!! It looks like it was a great parade even though it rained!!!

Debi said...

I DO SO LOVE the rose parade! I think it is the best parade in the universe. I'm jealous that I didn't get to raise my kids there and go to it myself! Did you have to get there like really early to get a good seat?

Amanda said...

WOW--those floats look amazing!