Saturday, June 02, 2007

Day at the ZOO

We have the most beautiful zoo!! It's like walking into another world!! One of the teachers I work with planned a day at the zoo for her kids and their families. I went and took Josh and his friend Caleb. It was 85 degrees today, but the zoo was green and lush and very cool. We saw the polar bears, tigers, elephants, you name it we saw it. There's a wonderful rain forest. About the only thing I can think we don't have at our zoo are koala and panda bears.We loved the butterfly exhibit and the bird sanctuary. Our group stayed together in the morning and then we met for lunch in a huge open grassy area where they put on shows with bald eagles and hold outdoor concerts. Then the boys and I broke off and ventured out on our own. We were able to see everything before we headed home so I could take pictures of Jon and his date for prom tonight (will blog that later) Isn't this guy cute?? While he lives outside in the open, there are windows where we can look in. He just came right up to the window and looked at us.The animals have wonderful areas to live in. This giraffe is in the Africa exhibit. While in the Congo, Josh and Caleb went on a wild ride in a jeep. We traded the jeep in for train tickets (hee hee) and had a 35 minute tour on the zoo train, all around the park.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

your Zoo looks & sounds awesome! Our Dallas Zoo is nothing special (I have been for Many a field trip there.....and we took P to the Fort Worth Zoo when he was 2 yr. ...It was better than the Dallas Zoo....but I must admit I didn't get to see that many animals:( I didn't see one dangerous cat...like a tiger, lion,....oh well....P liked the train ride the best anyway!

Debi said...

Great blog sis!! I liked the picture of Josh and Caleb best! I am not looking forward to pulling up the APE every time I check your blog for the next month. (remember I was attacked by an ape....hey, maybe I should BLOG about that!)...

Kristie said...

I loved the pictures!! I am glad that you had a fun time. Barth took Weston and Brian to the zoo here while I was gone to Dallas and the boys loved it!!! Sounds like a very fun day for everyone!! I can't wait to see the prom pictures!!!!!

Jenny Jensen said...

That orangatang (ok i really can't spell) is an old family friend! Remember the one time we went when we were little and i decided that you and the monkey looked alike (because of the red hair) and we got some pictures of him with his arms stretched out like he was giving us a hug?