Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Breakfast and Dinner with the Egan Family

It was a busy but relaxing day. Grandma and Grandpa Cameron came for the customary breakfast. This year I made sausage/egg casserole with mufins and juice. We opened presents from G&G and they opened gifts as well. We ate early as we were having Grandma and Grandpa Drew for dinner at 2PM. Aunt Ellouise didn't make it in time for breakfast, but she came for dinner. Grandma and Grandpa Drew,Elizabeth, David and Henry arrived a little late, which was fine by me, since my oven had quit working for a time. The turkey was done, but I had other things to cook in the oven. They had trauma at home themselves, when Dad cooked the ham with the plastic covering still on. He had to clean the oven before they came. We had a huge feast, and we all even fit around my enormus dining room table! It was a nice day. The first we've stayed home all Christmas Day without going out.
The pictures are out of order, but here are Grandma and Grandpa Cameron. I had told them to come early because we were going to eat breakfast at 9AM, but when they weren't here by 8:45 I called. Grandma got confused and thought I said to come at 9:00. It all worked out and we had a nice visit and yummy food!!
The Egan clan with Grandpa Drew after dinner.

6 comments:

Debi said...

Great pictures! Mom looks much better than I imagined she would. Dad looks great, too! David looks more like Dad every day. I'm glad you had dinner with everybody on Christmas. I wish I had been there, too. I didn't know Dad was using a cane, though. Your house looks so pretty (of course, you got all the decorating genes!). Merry Christmas Shelly. Thank you for bringing me into your home for Christmas. You are such a good sister.

Debi said...

You have been Blogger vindicated. :)

Kristie said...

I enjoyed all the pictures. I am glad that you had a nice Christmas. It was nice to see pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Drew as well as Grandma and Grandpa Cameron. We miss you all! Have a happy new year!!

Debi said...

TIME FOR A NEW POST, SISTER!!!!

Debi said...

I'm waiting for something else to entertain me......

Debi said...

I'm making multiple posts to hype you up for another blogging session. I noticed Jenny has gone and posted since she got home!