Wednesday, December 27, 2006

CHRISTMAS EVE

Our Christmas Eve sounds alot like yours. We went to church and heard our beautiful choir sing the Christmas story. I enjoy it even more because Richard and Jon were singing in the choir. I usually do too, but my voice has not been up to singing since I've had 3 colds since early November. Anyway, the audience also participated by singing at different times with the choir. It was very moving and got me teary eyed as well, then I gave the closing prayer, barely hanging on to keep my composure. After church the kids made our usual neighborly calls to deliver plates of goodies for friends and neighbors (for Grandma Cameron too.) Around 4:00 we went to Art and Marilyns (Richards sister) for our annual Christmas Eve activities. Art and Marilyn have had us join their family for about 10 years now.We ate tacos, played out the nativity story and sang Silent Night, decorated Gingerbread houses and the kids exchanged gifts. Most years Santa also makes an appearance, but this year was waylaid by troubles at the North Pole. On our way home, we drove around in the pouring rain to see the lights in our neighborhood. It was a very busy day!!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

It sounds like a very nice Christmas eve. We went looking at lights on Christmas eve too, but were pretty disappointed. Not too many in the areas that we went too. Maybe we just didn't know the good places to go since we haven't been here very long.

Debi said...

I like the Christmas-Story picture. Where are the rest of you? Do only the kids act it out?