Friday, December 01, 2006

Josh: The Engineer


Joshua is always so creative. Here he is holding a model he built of the Tsunami that resulted from the eruption of the volcano Krakatoa. He's fascinated by weather: hurricaines, tornadoes, floods,....volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes and generally anything having to do with science. The model shows a rolling wave headed to the shore. Josh designed and did the entire thing, except cutting out the boards.
Last year he made an Incan bridge and a volcano found on Mars.

I had some good news yesterday. At my Weight Watchers weigh in I lost 2.6 lbs. over the holiday........that brings my total weight loss past 10 lbs!! It really hasn't been terribly hard even though Thanksgiving is a big eating day. I was thrilled!! It's a great diet because I can eat anything I want....but I'm learning to eat
better.
More good news.....Jon learned today he was selected for ALL-STATE band. It will be in Seattle the last week in March. His lips will be sore for sure. He's doing pit Orchestra for the school musical....South Pacific started rehearsals this week......and he just got his Solo and Ensemble music. He's doing a solo and probably several ensembles like last year. Luckily he won't get the All State music until January.

10 comments:

Debi said...

I LOVE Joshua's Tsunami model! He has been fixated with weather ever since he was a wee little boy! Is it a project for a science class?

CONGRATULATIONS JON!!!!!!! Way to go!! How do they make the selection??? Guess we'll be calling you Blubber Lips from now on....

Great job on loosing 10 pounds seester! You will be skinny and young and I will be fat and old. Well, it serves me right....

Kristie said...

I loved the tsunami model. Great job to Joshua!! Did you get a new camera? I heard that you might. Way to go to Jon too. That is really terrific!! Congratulations to you too, for losing the weight!!!

Shelly's Space said...

Yes, I got a new camera last week. I wanted to post a pic to see how it looks.
Jon sent in an audition tape for state. Over 2,000 auditions were sent in for band and choir.

Shelly's Space said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristie said...

I think that your new camera takes great pictures! Now you can post lots of pictures for us to see!!

Debi said...

OKAY SISTER--I'M PATIENTLY (WELL, IMPATIENTLY) WAITING FOR YOU TO POST ANOTHER BLOG AND PICTURE!

Shelly's Space said...

Sorry Sis....I've been too busy. I have pictures to post and everything.

Debi said...

Well, get to it girl!!!!

Debi said...

Hey, you are linked together with your daughter's blog now....all her friends will want to read about your interesting life story! Get going!!!!!

Kristie said...

Aunt Shelly, I am waiting for new and exciting things to be posted. I hope that you are doing good! I saw that there was bad weather up your way. Were you hit as well? Over here they just said that Washington was getting bad weather and that power was knocked out all over the place, but they didn't mention where it was. I just wanted to make sure you were okay!!