Thursday, November 16, 2006



This is a picture of Jon when he was on his mini mission to Hermiston Oregon this past summer. He lived with the full time missionaries for a week along with a Priest from another Stake in Vancouver. He rode his bike, He had 2 flats during the week. He went on discussions and dinner appointments. The members treated them very well. One Sister gave Jon one of the new smaller quads and wrote a really nice note inside. He had a great experience. This picture was taken by his companion when Jon was outside reading.

The small picture is of Jon in the marching band. I didn't realize it was going to be so small, but I'm not sure how to take it off...or make it larger. This was the 2nd year he was chosen for a special part in the show. Here he performed with 7 others about midway through the show. He's kneeling in front.

I'm still trying to get over my chest cold. I stayed home from work on Wednesday, sleeping all day and never getting dresed, but went back today. Last week I lost my voice completely for 3 days. That's why I haven't written...I wasn't sure if you could hear me (ha ha!!)

3 comments:

Kristie said...

What great pictures! It is hard to believe that Jon is getting so big. I know that he is alomost as old as Melissa, but I just have him stuck as a little kid in my mind! I really like the picture of him reading the scriptures. He looks just like a missionary.

Debi said...

John is so handsome!!! What a nice picture. You are getting so good at doing the blog stuff! I'm so proud of you! Hey, I saw in the Big Lots add today a digital camera for $39!! You ought to go over there and check it out. It only has 3 megapixels but that would be fine for posting pictures on the blog! It has a card slot so you could just plug it into the slot on your computer to download the pictures.

Debi said...

More Blog.....More Blog.....More Blog.....How was your Thanksgiving?