Sunday, October 13, 2013

Crazy Moms Road Trip Part 1

So...A few weeks ago my friend June and I decided to go visit "The Newlyweds" at school. She has 2 sons that got married this year....and they just happen to be with Jon and Brittany at BYU Idaho. We got busy making some fun things for them for fall. This is a story of our trip from the beginning.
June found this really cute scarecrow on Pinterest...something I have only recently discovered. It's made out of a cereal box. We modified it for us...like wrapping it in brown paper bags instead of spray painting it. We figure since the kids are not settled and will be moving around they could enjoy this, then unwrap it and it it when fall is over, eat the cereal, then throw the rest away.
June also found this idea on Pinterest...frames with decorative paper and letters cut out with the cricut. we are going to make them the other seasons too....summer, spring and winter. They all have 6 letters so then they can rotate for each season.
I made up these fun baskets for Jon and Brittany AND Andrew and Chelsey. Andrew and Jon were on their mission together and have become close friends. Andrew and Chelsey also got married this summer. All of our kids are friends and do things together all of the time.
Just had to post this....such a cute brownie mix I found...love the box! We are having a very fun trip....it has been full of unexpected surprises and lots of fun. I would post more now...but we are having a yummy dinner with all the newlyweds in a few minutes so I have to go. Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at all that fun fall stuff;) Can't wait to hear more about the trip later! I can tell you are having so much fun from the tone in this post:)

dwhitley9@juno.com said...

You are such a holiday person!! :) Have fun with the newlyweds!! Those are such good ideas, I know they will love their fall decorations and candy!!

Kristie said...

What fun, fun things!! I love all the fall things and decorations! :) Those are cute gift baskets and I love those fun brownies!!