Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Texas Whirlwind......

As some of my loyal followers have already been regaled with day by day happenings of my recent whirlwind trip to Dallas Texas (via Debi's blog)....in consideration and and without further ado................(and because my sister said I wouldn't blog)....here are a few details I wanted to add.
 
Texas is well known for their United States Presidents.....they name libraries and freeways after them.
They also have BIG water towers!


Some people in Texas even have BIG appetites....like 2 sisters who can devour a package of cookies while watching a movie together and then talking into the wee hours of the morning...... and I do mean
WEE  HOURS!



 Marching bands are BIG in Texas too.....we spied on a few at a local high school football game where we froze to death and quickly departed after watching their shows.



 Sitting in a car eating BIG onion rings was a favorite pastime....we loved using all those giftcards!

The Sister Missionaries were a BIG delight! 



Eating BIG plates of pasta with the most fun sister on earth
 came to a close much too soon.

We went to this really nice house where some very cute boys
gave us a tour of their very cool rooms....


This boy loves legos.....couldn't you tell?


This boy was VERY sweet......




         We went to another really nice house were these really cute girls made some really scary pumpkins!
An adorable little girl sitting on her grandpa's lap......
at the house where the plants grow really BIG!!

I have known this lady for my entire adult life....
she came to visit and brought me some yummy treats!!

                      My visit to Texas came to a close much too soon....Goodbye Belle the cat....
                                               You notice I AM NOT touching her.....
                                  Goodbye all you Presidential Roads.....see ya next time!!
                                    I arrived home safe and sound at 2:30 in the morning....WAIT!! 
                                           WHO IS THAT IN MY LIVING ROOM????
                                                                        Stay tuned......

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Loved ur version of ur Tx trip:) what a good suprise to come home to!

Kristie said...

I know you two had a great time! I'm glad to see your pictures from the trip. :) And what a fun surprise to come home to!!

Debi said...

COME B-A-C-K!!!! I miss you. I want to tell you stories in the night....like that horses lay eggs and other big Texas whoppers! I forgot about that picture taken at Sonic....

Thompson Tales said...

WOW and holy cow!!! I had to catch up on all of your posts to see what has been going on in your life....obviously alot has happened! Do you remember a family called the Ricks??? They have a son, who is Jons age named Kenny?? They lived in Vancouver about 8 or 10 yrs ago...well, he is serving his mission here and he asked me the other day if I knew about Jon getting married!! I am so excited for your family and his engagement! I am glad that you got to take a trip to Texas, sounds like alot of fun!!

Shelly's Space said...

Diana....I remember the Ricks...Sister Ricks was one of the boys scout leaders...That is so fun that Kenny is serving his mission in Colorado. It's a small world!