Monday, April 04, 2011

181st General Conference and Temple Square

We arrived in Salt Lake Friday night and got up bright and early to attend General Conference. We had tickets to the Saturday morning session. We were on the 2nd row of the 1st balcony...the seats were wonderful!! The talks were uplifting and inspiring. The Tabernacle Choir was warming up and I zoomed in on this picture of them. Isn't the organ beautiful!! They have the most heavenly voices...all 360 of them. There are these HUGE screens on either side of the conference center for people to see close up. I think the walls are beautiful. I met up with 3 of my friends (who were here from home too) and we went shopping while our husbands and sons attended the Priesthood session. The Gateway mall is amazing!! It started pouring down rain (just like home) so we bought these matching umbrellas. Michelle and I were headed to the Conference Center and we loooked up and this is what we saw....just had to snap some pictures. I assure you it was pouring down rain here too, though it looks clear....it wasn't. The temperature dropped 40 degrees during the night and the rain turned into this. Here are Josh and Richard in front of the Assembly Hall on Sunday morning. The Conference Center seats 21,200 people and has grass and trees on the roof. These trees were just too beautiful to pass up. Michelle and I were wanting some pics of our families so we forced (LOL) our kids in the 30 degree weather to pose for us. We ran into Rachel from our ward (she's in the red skirt) who was there from BYU Idaho with her roommates. Do we look cold??? WE WERE!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great experience:)

Debi said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time at conference. :) The trees ARE beautiful....is that just snow sitting there on the branches or is it ice? I love that circular pedistle where people can stand and take pictures by the Temple. One question....how do you guys get so many redheads in your ward? Another thing...in that bottom picture with you, Richard, and Josh..well, this is weird but your face looks like Steven's face...I made the picture big and it is true! He has the same kind of glasses you do (well, same kind of shape and dark on top) and he has lost a little weight lately and you two really DO look alike....

Debi said...

Oh, and I notice that your bruise finally went away.... :)

Debi said...

PS How come you are wearing your coat inside the house on Jenny's blog?

Debi said...

Better watch out or I'm going to start calling you a BAG LADY!!!

Debi said...

P.S.S. Thanks for posting the blog and I loved talking to you while you were in-route to Jenny's. :)

Shelly's Space said...

Sis....
It was snow on the trees, though it got hard and as the day warmed up it was falling off the trees onto our heads! And what can I say....another one of your kids looks like me...I must be special:)
I am NOT a bag lady...and I was wearing a fleece jacket...far cry from a bag lady coat (hee hee)...because I was cold:)

Debi said...

Looked kind of like a BAG LADY coat to me..... :) I'm glad you guys are having a good time!

Kristie said...

How fun to get to go to Conference! :) It is beautiful in all the pictures. With snow and without! Glad to head that you guys had such a great time!!!