Sunday, April 17, 2011

LDS PROM

Lots of fun things happening around here!! Our stake was in charge of LDS Prom this year. For those of you who don't know what that is.....it is a Prom for our youth where they can come and enjoy good music and modest apparel. We had it at the Pearson Air Museum down at Fort Vancouver.This is Josh with his date....Allison. Jon actually took her older sister to Prom at the high school his senior year.
Because I was in charge of the food for prom, I was at the museum getting things ready for the kids....so lots of other people took pics for me. I have just a few so far. Here his group is being goofy! These are Priests and Laurels from our ward. This is a cute picture!
There were over 200 kids attending...we hung lights up on the balcony. There were flight simulators and games set up in other rooms....and they had professional pictures taken in another hanger with the airplanes. I had to get pictures of the food tables. We had chocolate fountains with lots and lots of fun food. Yum Yum.....Dig the planes in the hanger with us? And projectors were set up on each end of the dance floor with live video feed of the kids dancing. They love seeing themselves!
It was a wonderful event.....NOW on to preparing for the high school prom next week and Jons return home in 18 days!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! And I know it was a TOn of work:) but we do anything for our kids right?! You must be SO EXCITED for Jon's Return!!!!!!!!

Kristie said...

That sounds like it was a fun time!! :) Everything looks great and Josh looks very handsome! I KNOW you are looking forward to May 5th!!!

Jenny Jensen said...

That is SO AWESOME!! Why didn't they do that when I was in high school...I would have loved to go to the LDS Prom (Espeically since I didn't go to the high school prom). Josh is SO GOOD LOOKIN'!! I have good looking brothers. Speaking of brothers....I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE JON!! Sadly my count down is 27 days before I'll get to see him. You HAVE to MAKE him skype me ASAP that day!!!!!

Debi said...

Thanks for posting the nice prom pictures! Josh, his date, and the group look like they were having a ball!

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! I loved it when we had modest prom down here in Texas...we did something very much like this my senior year, and I loved it! I love the pictures, and I am so excited that Jon is coming home so soon!!! :)