Thursday, May 13, 2010

Being a Grandma.......

The best things about being a grandma You can snuggle them and love them all you want....but then go to bed and sleep at night:)
You can never spoil them enough...and if you do it's not your fault!
They learn to recognize your voice even when they're itsy bitsy.

The hardest things about being a Grandma
....When you live far away and have to leave them
....You live far away and don't get to see them enough
....You live far away and they grow up without you

4 comments:

Debi said...

I know you will be the best grandma in the world!!! :) Baby Sadie is very, very cute. :)

Rene said...

Congratulations Grandma! She is such a cute baby! I hope we get to see her in person before she grows up too much!

Thompson Tales said...

Congratulations Shelly...I feel the same way about being far away from my granddaughter, I miss her terribly...i sooo want to move back to the northwest to be near her and spoil her and love her!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats Shelly! I'm so happy for you and glad that you got to stay with Jenny and help her out. The second part of your post made me sad. I'm lucky that all my kids are here now, but I know that one of them will end up moving eventually and I won't be near when they have kids! I hope you get to visit and snuggle with Sadie often!