Monday, May 31, 2010

Celebrate the Music

This week we are having a band auction to raise money for our band program. People get donations and then we have a silent auction during our final concert of the year. It is very fun! In years past it has been VERY successful....I end up spending a bit of money myself and have got some really cool stuff:) This year I decided I wanted to make a rag quilt to auction off. I had a blast choosing the fabric. It is full of musical instruments of all kinds.
I made a matching pillowcase too!! Even though I've made alot of pillowcases, I found some really good instructions on how to make a seamless case.... on You Tube!!
I found this plastic wrapper from a bedspread we bought years ago just laying around....so I put the blanket in it and it had a handy pocket to put the pillowcase in too. I made a little card to display it with. I hope it makes some money.... And this post would not be complete without me sharing another picture of me with Sadie Mae. I'll get to hold her again in just 10 days!! I can't wait!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Cute Quilt!!! What size is it? You are just like Aunt Adele and Jane. They are the creative Drews. You are also a game lover like Grandma Drew. The only Drew gene I got was the "stacking gene." I know I don't have many of the White genes, either. You got all the "fixing it up pretty" genes from them and I didn't get that one either. I wonder where my genes even came from?

Shelly's Space said...

The milkman brought you....hee hee!!

Kristie said...

Ha, ha! Those comments made me laugh!! :) I love the quilt! It looks very pretty. And that is a sweet picture of you holding Sadie too. I hope that your quilt gets lots of money for the fund raiser.

Debi said...

NO, the milkman did NOT bring me. I told you, I have the stacking gene. That is definitely Drew. I can fully remember stacks at Grandma's house! :) I AM part of the family!

What size is the quilt? I liked the picture of you and Sadie, too. You are getting pretty old now Grandma Egan. :)

Rene said...

I love the quilt! and quilts are usually good money makers :)
Good luck!
Cute little baby you're holding too!

Thompson Tales said...

Dang girl, I am impressed!!! that quilt is awesome, creative idea with the instruments. I am at Britnees holding my sweet little grandbaby!!!