Tuesday, January 08, 2008

JON....THE GUY ON THE GO

Well, Jenny has been waiting for me to blog about her family. I tell her we are boring, but she doesn't care. So I am posting about her brother JON.....Here's what he's been up to....Jon came home on New Years Eve after being with friends and before we went to bed we were locking up and lo and behold, his car was once again papered. They must have followed him home. He asks me WHY do I keep taking pictures of everything??? BECAUSE I CAN!!!
Jon is a guy on the go....When he's not with one group of friends, he's usually with the young men in his quorum, or with the kids in his government class preparing speeches. This Friday he is hoping to get the first signatures for his Eagle Project signed off. He is currently up in Olympia Washington, our Capital, to compete in the State "We the People" competition. It something he is involved in through his AP Government and Politics class. The competition is Wednesday, then Thursday he will be meeting with some of our state representatives and senators and will tour the Supreme Court with one of the Wash. State Justices. His teacher, Patti McMaster, has taught for many years and these are some of her colleagues and previous students They will have a picture taken on the Senate floor. I wish I could have gone to see him give his speeches, but I needed to be home to see Josh get an award for honor roll (his first). The story behind this picture is the reason they wrote Happy Birthday isn't because it's his birthday, but because he's taking after his Dad, always telling people it's his birthday (even though it's not)....so it's a joke:) GOOD LUCK JON!!!

4 comments:

Debi said...

That's neat about Jon's being on the go all the time! I'm glad you're enjoying his senior year! Very funny about the birthday thing....I can see he IS his father's son!! Now, I'm looking for you to blog every time your daughter blogs...I love your blogs, too!

Amanda said...

That was an entertaining post:) Too bad your kids are both doing important things at the same time and you can't go hear the speech....that sounds really neat!

Kristie said...

SOunds like Jon is keeping busy! I enjoyed the new post!

Jenny Jensen said...

My Brother!!! I miss him. And my car too!! Boy I wish now that I had kept it. Thanks mommy for posting on my little brother. I can't wait to see him and Josh and of corse you and daddy. Now a blog on Josh, and then Daddy and then YOU!!! Then start over. I miss my family so much!! Don't forgot to have jon call me about his competition when he gets home.