Sunday, September 09, 2007

What a Deal!!!

I was headed out to our yearly Relief Society craft day on Saturday, when pulling out of the driveway I noticed one of our neighbors was having a sale. I had been wanting to talk to them because I want to show them Jenny and Logan's wedding pictures. They were unable to attend the wedding and had their house up for sale with plans to move. My plans were simply to go say "hi" and talk to them. I left, having bought new furniture for our family room!!!
Chris and Jeff (the neighbors) had just bought all new furniture for their house and were selling their old stuff.(they took their house off the market) I got this sofa and loveseat...in near perfect condition for only $175.00!! On top of that when Richard and Jon went to pick up the furniture, Chris threw in 2 pictures I had looked at. (I had gone on to the church after I paid them...one of the pictures she gave me is on the far left)) Chris and Jeff told Richard to bring our old furniture over and they would sell it for us. The sofa sold before Richard even took it over, and they sold our chair. We got $60. That means the entire set only cost us $115.00. Good deal don't you think!!!!!
The boys love it and Jon is the one who arranged the furniture this way for me since I was gone. I love it... They were so excited they wanted to have scripture and prayer in the family room last night, to break it in.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

AWESOME DEAL!!!!!! Now I needed to see a before picture of your living room with the old couches! I guess your old couches were quite old and you were not attached to them at all to part with them that fast!!!

Kristie said...

I love the new couches!! They are SO pretty and they look great in the room! That is an awesome deal that you got to even sell your old ones! Way to go! I love it!

Jenny Jensen said...

They are very...flowery!!! lol, very very nice! Now our family room looks like our living room. Or is it that our living room looks like the family room. Oh i don't know. it all looks very nice!

Shelly's Space said...

Actually Amanda, the furniture we had in our family room was all free furniture that we got from different people. The chair was really nice (a lazy boy type) in very good shape....but was made for larger people. It was always hard to sit in. The sofa was small and dark blue and the dog hair stuck to it like glue. Nothing matched and while it was all liveable, it was nice to get something more....shall I say....Matching!!!

Amanda said...

That's great:) It's just so neat when you find a great deal that is perfect for you:)