Sunday, September 09, 2007

They're OFF!!

Well, as most of you know, Debi and Melissa left us yesterday morning for the next leg of their journey....to Salt Lake and then Rexburg. We got to the airport about 5:30 AM and got all the luggage checked in. It was sad to see them go, but I was so excited for Melissa to get to college. I wanted to hide in a suitcase, just to experience all the college "firsts" with her and Debi....just like I did Jenny 3 years ago.
We had such a nice time....very relaxing for me, since I could use the excuse that my family was here to be a homebody and lay low for a few weeks. But, as is in her blood, my sister couldn't sit still for long. Her trip here was like a service mission. Not only did she give us ALL to die for neck AND foot messages, but she brushed our hair (including David's long locks) AND put together furniture AND mowed lawns (here she is at Grandma and Grandpa Drew's mowing.) We could all benefit from her example!!!!
We had our usual LATE night visits, staying up until 2:00, 3:00 and even 5:00 AM one morning (SHHHH don't tell anyone.) We loved listening to Melissa play piano for us...I especially loved singing the songs Jenny and I used to sing together as she would play. (come home Jenny :( I miss you) It was fun having "Extra" voices for scripture reading each night and they enjoyed having someone different to say family prayer at night besides them or Uncle Mike. We had a great time on Labor day driving up the Gorge. (I'll post more pictures later.)
THANKS FOR COMING DEBI AND MELISSA!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting this!!!!! It is not at all a shock that she would "work" while she was on vacation!!!! If I had half as much energy as her my whole house would already be painted!!!!

Kristie said...

I am glad that everyone had a nice visit! I am excited that it is almost MY turn to visit, but sad that Missy won't be there too! I know that she will have a great time at school though!!! Oh~~ and I love the top picture where mom is checking out her watch...it must have almost been time to be on the plane!!! :)

Jenny Jensen said...

I'm excited for melissa to go to college because then i can go see her! Thanks for posting about the visit mom. OH ps. I miss you too!