Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Day Hike in Utah

I promise I'm getting at the end of our vacation. (yawn yawn...) Logan wanted to show us this beautiful place up in the mountains where there was a waterfall. It was a short hike (about 30 minutes), albeit straight up!
Here's a picture of the view taken from part way up. It was quite breathtaking....don't you think?? There is some green in Utah even though it gets really hot.
I figured I would make it up, but was a bit terrified of getting back down again, but I made it just fine. Of course I kept my eyes and ears open for rattlesnakes, and cougars. Logan showed us the spot where he ran into a cougar one time.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Beautiful!!! That is such a pretty view. I love the picture of you and Uncle Richard too!! Thanks for sharing your hike and vacation with us!!! It looks like it was a lot of fun!!!

Debi said...

Way to go sis!! Looks like you guys had a fun vacation! How long did it take you to hike that hike? I'm glad Jenny didn't let you lay around and eat bon-bons....

Debi said...

Hey, I thought you were at that auction on July 4. Did you sneak away for the hike? That IS a great picture of you and Richard.

Shelly's Space said...

Sis....The auction was on the 3rd....and actually we went on the hike on the 5th. It took about 30 minutes to get to the top, less if I hadn't of been there.(pokey me) We enjoyed the waterfall at the top for about an hour. I took pictures up at the top, but wanted you to see how high up we were. You KNOW how long it takes my computer to blog so that's all I posted.

Shelly's Space said...

I'm not sure WHY the dates on the pics are all messed up.....AND we went grocery shopping the same day as Jeramy came up.... on the 6th. Oh my!!