Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More Wedding (are you bored yet???)


Okay........I thought you might like to see some of what the decorations will be.
The colors are purple, black and silver. Instead of renting tablecloths, silly me has been looking all over town for JUST the right fabric to use as table runners. I initally found the purple and silver back in March, but wasn't sure if it was the color the kids had picked. I could have sent them pics (like I'm doing now), but I honestly didn't think about it. Jenny and Logan gave their aproval so I went back to Walmart and the fabric was GONE! I've spent the last 2 weeks scouring the entire countryside for more purple and silver...not to mention I hadn't even bought any black. Richard and I found all of the silver and some purple last week, but not enough. Monday night after FHE Jenny and I went out one last time before I threw in the towel, cut my losses, and rented the tablecloths. We checked a huge fabric store, then headed to the last ditch effort... Walmart (that I had already gone to with Richard). Now Debi, you will chuckle at this. We had already looked at the last store and had walked around the entire fabric dept. I was so discouraged and I said a prayer in my heart and actually knew that Heavenly Father could make this fabric appear if he wanted. As I walked down the last aisle (that I had already gone down...or so I thought) on my way out of the fabric dept., there sitting on the end was an entire bolt of the purple and as an added surprise an unopened bolt of the black!!! I nearly cried. We are not talking about a little bit of fabric. We are using a total of 18 yds. of purple, 12 yds. black and 16 yds silver. At 2.00 a yard, it is still cheaper than renting tablecloths. To get an idea of what it will look like.....We will have white floor length tablecloths on the round tables. Each table will have a 2 yd. piece as a runner. The silver will be on top of the runner in the center with battery operated white lights under it and a purple hydrangea plant in the center of that.

4 comments:

Shelly's Space said...

By the way....stay tuned for more decorations tomorrow!! (I don't want to divulge everything all in one night........)

Debi said...

Beautiful colors Jenny! Now Shelly, glad you aren't getting too elaborate :) .... I love the story about WalMart and the prayer. Heavenly Father really does care about even the smallest things....

Kristie said...

Heaven Father really does hear and answer prayer, even about fabric and other small things! I love the material. It looks so pretty. I can't wait to see pictures of how everything looks at the reception!!!!

Amanda said...

WOW! You have been working hard for this wedding!!!! Maybe after this you will be glad to only have one girl to marry! I can't wait to see all the pictures of it all done up! Sounds like like will be quite fancy:) That was amazing that you found that fabric after your prayer:)