Sunday, March 18, 2007

Top O The Morning To Ya!!


With the last name of EGAN , being Irish around here is not an option. Each St. Patricks Day we celebrate with the kids having an good old fashioned "Egan" Irish feast. It's not in the least traditional from an Irish standpoint, but it suits us just fine. We have "Irish" baked potatoes with "green" salad topped with Zesty "Irish" Dressing along with an assortment of other "green" food items. We listen to Irish music and at some point in our dinner we hear a word or 2 from the "Irish" one himself.....Sir Richard. Here are just a few.......

SOME IRISH BLESSINGS: Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part!
May your right hand always be stretched out in friendship. But never in want.

May God grant you to be as happy as the flowers in May.
May the sons of your sons smile upon your face

SOME IRISH PROVERBS

IWho keeps his tongue, keeps his friends.
When mistrust comes in, Love goes out.
A friends eye is a good mirrorEGAN

3 comments:

Kristie said...

What a cute picture of Josh!! And such a fun tradition. I loved reading about all of it!!! And I loved the quotes too!!!

Debi said...

Now THIS is a great picture to pull up for the next so many times I pull up your blog and there is nothing new. Joshua looks so grown up---yet he is still your little boy! I didn't remember your doing up St. Patrick's Day. That is so fun. On Saturday Mike and Melissa wore green but I didn't even bother so I got pinched by Mike. Melissa is too sweet to pinch me (takes after her dad's side of the family--you can remember that I had no aversion to pinching!

Amanda said...

Looks like ya'll did it up!!!!! FUN!!!!! I love any reason to celebrate:) I didn't even have anything green to wear---I think I even forgot to dress Pierce in green! But We did bake Green cupcakes & made green frosting and green sprinkles on the top:)