Monday, August 29, 2011

First, Last and Other Things.......

Josh has the distinction of being the only one of our kids who passed their driving test the first time. He is the first....but also the last. This will be a year of alot of "lasts" for us.....last year of high school....last year of seminary......the last child syndrome.Here he is Sunday making his first "solo" drive to church.
I'm glad I remembered to quickly get the camera and snap these for his scrapbook.
Saturday I looked outside and saw this cute little squirrel in the grass. He ran onto the porch....
.....and down the chair. We tend to have alot of squirrels....I get irritated with them sometimes because they dig in my flower beds to hide food and disrupt my bulbs.....but they are SO cute!!
This was my Saturday project....sewing baby towels. Pretend you didn't see this if you are having a baby....you'll have to act surprised.
I've made hundreds of these after receiving one for Jon when he was a baby over 21 years ago!. When I find towels I like I get a bunch of them....
As you can see they are REALLY BIG....but I've had people tell me their kids are still using them years later and their kids get really attached to them.
Like me.....I'm just a kid at heart:)

5 comments:

Jenny Jensen said...

GO JOSH!! In MY defense....Josh waited longer than I did to get his license so he had more time to practice ;) lol jk

Wow that is a lot of towels!! We love that they are big...Sadie is all cozy and warm in hers :) :)

Melissa said...

Way to go, Josh! It's crazy to think that everyone is all grown up these days!!!

And that squirrel looks like he came so close because he knew there was a shady spot on the porch...he was wanting to enjoy the comfy spot! :)

Debi said...

You are tantalizing me with all that beautiful Vancouver scenery.... Thanks for the new post!

Kristie said...

Way to go with the license!!! :) And we still use our towel all the time. Even the first one we got that is almost thread bare!! The kiddos love them!! Thanks!

Christine said...

Nice going Josh! You should be proud of that.

I too love those hooded towels! I had them until they fell apart. At a family reunion recently I even caught one of the adults using one of those towels. Ha. :)

Nice work Shelly! I like your choice of towel prints and colors. Lucky little ones that get to be the new owner of such loving work.