Sunday, March 21, 2010

Days Go By

My friend Michelle has a blog entitled "Days Go By" and it's just the perfect title for this blog entry. When the boys were little Jon and Jared were inseperable.They must have been about 5 years old when Jareds family moved into our ward and around the corner from us.
Of course, where Jon and Jared were, usually Josh was too.
I have so many fun memories of the boys when they were young. They would spend hours and hours playing beanie babies and action figures, building things with legos and K-Nex, climbing our beloved "tree", building forts....and just having a wonderful time together. I reminded Jared of the years they would put the army men in our Christmas tree and in the train and when we took it down we would find the army men...still lodged in the branches of the tree.
They had a grand old time playing together. Jared's family moved to New Hampshire about 8 years ago.
Well, they're all grown up now and even Josh is now almost as tall as Jared. Jared is getting ready to go back to college to BYU Idaho in a few weeks. He's been out here in Vancouver for a few months. We had him over tonight for dinner and had such a fun time talking about the days gone by....We looked through some old scrapbooks with pictures of them together. Jon and Jared playing soccer, basketball and baseball together when they were little...usually whatever Jared did, Jon did. Eventually because of their being in different grades, they got put on different teams. When Jon started school, Jared and Josh would play together when Jared's mom was at work...Jared reminded me about the times the boys would get the keys to the trailer and I would let them play in there. As I recall they would be hiding from Josh (little brothers can get on the nerves) We were so happy to see Jared and hope to see him again before he leaves. It would have been great to have a picture of Jon and Jared together. Even though Jon is on his mission in Missouri, he has those same memories and I know that he remembers them fondly. We love you Jared!!

5 comments:

Debi said...

Hey, you made a new post! :) Is Josh the one whose mother was a dental hygenist and you used to babysit for him?

Shelly's Space said...

Yes...only Josh is mine and Jared is the one I watched....hee hee

Debi said...

Oops! I am so weird. My mind is going you know.....

Thompson Tales said...

My gosh, I can't believe how grown up Jared is!! He looks exactly the same though..I am getting old!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.